Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

Its not racist when it's a fact?

246 posts in this topic

so is it impossible to proclaim the system is unfair and should be adjusted, but that the government can't fix everything, so people need to continue to try to improve their lives?

The Americans system, though not perfect, is the fairest system in the world. If you're born in America, you're guaranteed a free, though not always the best, education until you graduate high school. From that point the sky is the limit. Some weren't educated by their parents to see it that way thus they screw up the best they can and expect the system to rehabilitate them after their 15th stint in jail.

Might I add, those people are pretty brave to me, putting their lives on the line daily committing pointless arrestable offenses to end up in a cell sleeping next to some strange dude. That's brave! I'm a coward and I love putang. The easiest thing someone can do is open a book and get a job. Those immigrants aren't doing anything spectacular. Just instinct. Instinct would tell anyone that being in jail is some hard poo, thus avoid it. But strangely enough that doesn't apply to all. Weird!

You have an odd definition of bravery

The Asian community is a comparably sized minority group who puts a far greater emphasis on family and subsequently on education.

Partly true. The Asian community doesn't value education and family any more than majority of other immigrants. Only thing is we include them as representative of their race in our statistics. I'm sure if you compile statistics for strictly immigrant group their numbers will be above the national standard. Those immigrants have to work hard to send money back home.

You have an odd definition of bravery

It's the kind of bravery majority of people don't want to be. That's why it seem odd. Lol

The Americans system, though not perfect, is the fairest system in the world. If you're born in America, you're guaranteed a free, though not always the best, education until you graduate high school. From that point the sky is the limit. Some weren't educated by their parents to see it that way thus they screw up the best they can and expect the system to rehabilitate them after their 15th stint in jail.

Do you think "fairest in the world" (arguable, imo) means it can't be improved?

That's almost laughable mav... idk what the other guy thinks, but we are in dire need of "improvement" in many areas.

The singular most important being public education.  It pisses me off to no end the money our gov't spends on things that aren't education.  We could have the most outstanding public education system in the world if we wanted to.  Unfortunately things like $400 hammers for the pentagon are more important.

Think of all the millions and millions of dollars that were either wasted or flat out lost in places like Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 12 years...  what if just half of that had been put towards education in America?

1 person likes this

I have just one question to ask....and I ask for a reason....what is the "time required" to get past the whole slavery thing...how many generations needed?

the reason I ask...my parents....not my great great grand parents...no no...my mother and my father, grew up in a German occupied Holland.  Does this mean that they, and I, and my children and how many more generations down the road should hate all Germans?

I really need to know because well...my wife is born and raised in Germany and none of us really hold it against her because she was too young to be involved!

1 person likes this

No it's both... the system can be unfair, but people need to take the initiative and go after their goals... is everyone gonna make it?  Nope.

Also, there are definitely racist people out there, has anyone disputed this?  There is racism in hiring and the government should be working to stop it.

The government can't fix everything and disadvantaged people can't do it all on their own... but if you sit back and take handouts and do nothing to improve yourself, what's going to happen?  Race is irrelevant in this.  Sorry people are sorry no matter their color or ethnic background.

This. Many people assume there are racism in places they've never been. Some feel there are racism in universities but never seen a college application in their lifetime or not even qualified to apply. For example, I've never seem group of black people with bachelors & masters with picket lines protesting lack of employment. Most of the complaining come from people who've been through the legal system(after calling their black lawyers uncle tom for years)

I don't see how much more it can improve to really have an effect on people who aren't even trying. The middle class is the one who gets screwed the most but they're too busy working hard to complain. Any improvement should be to help the middle class. Not the moron who graduated in robbery at the age of 15 because his parent was as shitty.

That's almost laughable mav... idk what the other guy thinks, but we are in dire need of "improvement" in many areas.

The singular most important being public education.  It pisses me off to no end the money our gov't spends on things that aren't education.  We could have the most outstanding public education system in the world if we wanted to.  Unfortunately things like $400 hammers for the pentagon are more important.

Think of all the millions and millions of dollars that were either wasted or flat out lost in places like Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 12 years...  what if just half of that had been put towards education in America?

That sure would help the hard working middle class but would have no effect on the moron who think he is a drug king ping for selling a bag of weed and about to get busted for a 3 year prison term.