• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#241 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

nobody here may be saying racism is dead, but there are posters basically saying "suck it up and just try harder, you lazy fugs."

#242 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,970 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

nobody here may be saying racism is dead, but there are posters basically saying "suck it up and just try harder, you lazy fugs."

Who said this, quote please...

#243 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

When someone says "It's just cultural that black people aren't doing as well as other groups" that implies that those individuals think that blacks could do better if they simply tried harder, no?

#244 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

When someone says "It's just cultural that black people aren't doing as well as other groups" that implies that those individuals think that blacks could do better if they simply tried harder, no?

actually it was argued in that bill cosby thread that institutional racism does exist, but that minorities should overcome that themselves

you know maybe black ppl should have just passed those literacy tests and paid those poll taxes instead of complaining about them

#245 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Please child...

The only schtick you have is....

White man is evil.

Evey thing bad happing to black man is white man's fault.

Carry on....you are not even worth the effort or time.  You are a lost cause.  I just hope you don't pass on the same pity complex and lack of accountability to your kids.  Otherwise, they are in for the same poo life as yours.

this type of post directly resulted in KT being banned. outright accusations of racism are against the rules.  is there any consistency here or is it more of a "who you say it to" rather than "what you say" type of deal? is "i'm not directly calling you a racist, i'm just saying you think one particular race is the source of another particular race's problems" an acceptable way to skirt the rules?

#246 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,970 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

I don't recall anyone saying that people should just "try harder" no... which is why I asked for a quote.  

I personally have said repeatedly that if you don't try you will never succeed.  I also said that not everyone who tries will succeed.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com