#31 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,831 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Immigrants in america are well educated because US immigration policies make it much easier for educated people to become citizens

I dont see the connection to the generally poor social mobility in the US

Wait... are you talking about legal immigrants or illegal immigrants?

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,516 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Wait... are you talking about legal immigrants or illegal immigrants?

If we're talking about being proactively selected for high education levels, legal.

Both groups are by nature selected for higher than average ambition/work ethic. The lazy generally don't immigrate to other countries.

#33 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,370 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

The lazy generally don't immigrate to other countries.

those are all home grown

#34 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,962 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Three pages for this crap?

It's racist if you take the worst example of the issue and then try to play it off like its the national norm.

Chicago is full of very, very poor African Americans forced into ghettos for many decades and a large percentage of them are raised by uneducated parents not seeing any way out, despondent, etc. The culture of the inner city African American has NOTHING to do with the color they see when they look in the mirror. Percentage wise things are getting better IMHO, but not quickly enough. You know what will help? How about having a living wage law? Getting people able to make enough money to pull themselves out of the city, out of the culture, giving people hope that even if they don't have the smarts, or the situation, to go to college they can still make something of themselves. The poverty wages some of you feel should be good enough will never, ever, help this situation. When you feel that it's about impossible to make enough cash to get an apartment somewhere out of the projects, a large percentage of people will simply accept their fate and find their happiness having unprotected sex. Human Nature.

The idea of people being lazy or unmotivated because of the color of their skin is scientifically absurd on it's face. Genetically whites are in all respects, 99.9999 identical to blacks.

Crap like this is also going to do NOTHING to solve this problem. I recommend sending packages of bootstraps to the South Side YMCA since it's apparent no one wants to shift the worker/employer money balance into something resembling fair.

#35 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Oh for chrissakes. Get a grip.

No one's arguing that it's genetics. It's entirely cultural. The black community in this country does not value education like other minority groups. They also do a terrible job of keeping the nuclear family in tact. There's a distinct relationship between those two. If you want to debate why that is, fine, but those are the reasons the black community is in a perpetual system of poverty and incarceration in this country.

You know what really won't help? Telling them it's a racist system (just not for Asians) and that they need the government to carry them from start to finish.

#36 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,962 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Who exactly is telling people they need the government to carry them from start to finish?

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,333 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

It's entirely cultural. The black community in this country does not value education like other minority groups. They also do a terrible job of keeping the nuclear family in tact.

i hope you're just really inarticulate and you came across much differently from what you actually intended

#38 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,483 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

hahaha yesss and there we go.

blacks don't value education.

ah carolina huddle, you never disappoint.

#39 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,516 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

No one's arguing that it's genetics. It's entirely cultural. The black community in this country does not value education like other minority groups. They also do a terrible job of keeping the nuclear family in tact. There's a distinct relationship between those two. If you want to debate why that is, fine, but those are the reasons the black community is in a perpetual system of poverty and incarceration in this country.

You know what really won't help? Telling them it's a racist system (just not for Asians) and that they need the government to carry them from start to finish.

Oh blacks are just CULTURALLY inferior. Yeah that's totally accurate.

#40 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Reading that post by Carolina Husker, one would think this was a white knights good ol' boys message board.

Embarrassing.

#41 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,483 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

do you really fail to grasp how "racism" doesn't need to be "ANYONE THAT LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN ME JESUS" and could be oh I dunno more specific?

MAYBE, I don't know, the perpetual cycle of poverty and incarceration lead to the breakdown of the nuclear family and a seeming lack of value on education (kinda hard to go to college when in jail or with literally no money to pay for it)

#42 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,352 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

wtf did i just read

#43 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Oh blacks are just CULTURALLY inferior. Yeah that's totally accurate.

Inferiority would imply it's out of their control, which it's not. Unless you're of the opinion that blacks need us whites to help them understand their plight like cantrell does.

#44 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

do you really fail to grasp how "racism" doesn't need to be "ANYONE THAT LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN ME JESUS" and could be oh I dunno more specific?

MAYBE, I don't know, the perpetual cycle of poverty and incarceration lead to the breakdown of the nuclear family and a seeming lack of value on education (kinda hard to go to college when in jail or with literally no money to pay for it)

I don't know what your first sentence means, but as for the second part, if the black community, as a whole, stressed family and education as much as other minorty groups, they'd improve their lot in life. The alternative is to do what we're doing now, which is avoid the issue because it's uncomfortable to hear.

Again, if you want to debate why it's difficult for blacks to keep the nuclear family in-tact, go for it, but that's the crux of the entire issue. Fix that, everything else improves. Don't fix it, these problems persist down through the generations, no matter how much we think it's because of racist judges and a need for a living wage law.

And again as I've said in other threads, whites are a shitty barometer for this as well, so spare me the white supremacy retorts.

#45 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,516 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

And don't get him started on the Indians and their love of hooch...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.