Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Is Coleman worth a look in the supplemental draft?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

The Giants just signed Victor Cruz to a 5-year, $43 million deal. If that means they cut Hakeem Nicks loose after this year and Gett can find the cap room to sign him, we need to go LT with the #1 pick next year.

That is my fap-worthy dream.

The Giants aren't gonna let Nicks just walk. He'll get the tag.

If we end up picking in the 20s, I rather not go after a LT. I would prefer a wide receiver to be honest.

#32 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

If we end up picking in the 20s, I rather not go after a LT. I would prefer a wide receiver to be honest.

That tag will be awfully expensive. Gmen also need to get a deal worked out with JPP. I think that may take priority.

#33 spartan_pantherfan

spartan_pantherfan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

I think its $11 million is they franchise him. That is a lot to have in a WR who is not your #1.

I'd love to have him, and with Gettlemen here and Nicks being from here, there is a chance. But as always I think someone will just pay him more then we will be willing to.

#34 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

I think its $11 million is they franchise him. That is a lot to have in a WR who is not your #1.
I'd love to have him, and with Gettlemen here and Nicks being from here, there is a chance. But as always I think someone will just pay him more then we will be willing to.

Nicks isn't their number one receiving threat? It sure as hell ain't Cruz. Victor needs Hakeem to keep pressure and defenders off of him.

That tag will be awfully expensive. Gmen also need to get a deal worked out with JPP. I think that may take priority.

11 million is a ton of cheddar but the G-Men can't afford to lose their prime receiver. New York needs Nicks. Cruz is not a solo act.