Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j2sgam

The 46 Defense.....

47 posts in this topic

TCU's 4-2-5 defense is the best base D vs. the spread IMO.

Would it not make more sense to blitz more people when your DL individual talent is sub par? Mask your weakness.

If we assume that our DL plays to its potential than we should generate enough pressure with those 4 guys to want to play more coverage in order to generate more turnovers.

In theory I agree that we might use this formation a few times but our secondary is too suspect to want to leave them on their own. I would rather play traditional 43 D as our base.

Also, isn't every offensive or defensive formation unbeatable on paper?

OK.  Three things. 

Number one - I enjoyed the video, it really explained a lot.  Pie for you.

Number two - The things it explained made me want to avoid it at almost all costs (too much risk).

Number three - I couldn't help but notice that your avatar in the #5 jersey looks similar to the guy doing the video.

Lol! Yep that's me during my UL Ragin Cajun days :)

If you're running the 46, you better have the secondary to make it work..otherwise, you'll get eaten alive

1 person likes this

If you're running the 46, you better have the secondary to make it work..otherwise, you'll get eaten alive

The Jets a few years back had the perfect team for this with Revis and Crom on the outside

4-6 was good.... back in the 80's where running game was a priority

thomas davis is really our only blitzing LBr and I'm not even sure if that's a strength of his

it's 46, not 4-6

4-6 would imply 4 down linemen and 6 linebackers, leaving only one db lining up in the secondary

1 person likes this

I salute you sir. I never had the guts to play the game...or the size, or speed, or strength, or skill.

Watch on Youtube, Miami vs. Chicago 1985. 31-10 at halftime.