Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYG sign Victor Cruz to a long term deal

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Yep, Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Danario Alexander, Nicks, Anquan Boldin (Imagine he'd be too pricey but who knows).

IDK if Boldin would be overly expensive. He's entering the twylight of his career. At this point Decker and Nicks would be better pick ups, but I'm sure they'd cost more.

Posted

If we can pick up Nicks from FA and draft Matthews next year... *drools*

Posted

IDK if Boldin would be overly expensive. He's entering the twylight of his career. At this point Decker and Nicks would be better pick ups, nut I'm sure they'd cost more.

Golden Tate too. I wouldn't mind getting between a mid to high range reciever than going with one in the first or second in the draft. Save some money, get somebody who is efficient and produces but not spectacular. Then spread that money elsewhere like the OL. But try and draft a stud in the first two rounds of the draft.

Its going to interesting to see how we manage the cap. Greg hardy is going to get paid. We have to think about left tackle to replace Gross in a year or two and we'll need to start thinking about weakside linebacker soon. Oh and there's this guy named Cam who could command 9 figures. Gettleman has his work cut out for him.

Let's go nicks and Decker(with the addition of welker he's going to be the 3rd option and could be affordable). Have smitty in the slot for one year and draft a receiver in the 1st round if it makes sense.

Posted

Much as i want Nicks he cant really stay enough to sign him to a big contract.

Posted

Seriously,

Sign Nicks next off-season, 

Smith wont have #1 receiver responsibilities,

Hometown Discount??

Posted

IMO, our #1 pick next year will be offense - likely either LT or WR.  We have a young franchise QB and we've been drafting defense like crazy.  We gotta invest in Cam now.  

I'd LOVE to sign Nicks, but this really wasn't a huge deal the Giants handed out to Cruz.  In fact, it was a pretty damn good value.  They know Nicks is the more valuable WR and they paid Cruz accordingly.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's sidesplitting how Cruz is handing out 'advice' to Nicks about contract issues now. Douche. :lol:

Posted

Maybe if Nicks plays a whole year I'll be interested in signing him here.

Posted

I didn't think that they were going to let him go...

Posted

It's sidesplitting how Cruz is handing out 'advice' to Nicks about contract issues now. Douche. :lol:

Was Cruz a seventh rounder or UDFA?  Either way, he's moved on up like George and Weezie.

Posted

Was Cruz a seventh rounder or UDFA? Either way, he's moved on up like George and Weezie.

UDFA.

I just find it funny because Victor refused to show up for camp (while Hakeem was there). Cruz wouldn't be the slot receiver he is without Nicks, so he shouldn't be handing out ANY advice.