Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big A

For only $235, you can have an entry system like mine.

139 posts in this topic

Hawk hacks my posts!

Good for you, hopefully they enjoyed it over there. Good riddance if they did.

Ah the indignation of a shallow, vapid, prick.

A current review of New Orleans:

Phew, what in the world is that smell? It seems to permeate throughout the city.

1 person likes this

Hawk hacks my posts!

Per capita income

$31,619 vs Charlotte at $29,689

Houshold income

$51,761 vs Charlotte at $54,156

I guess me and dictionary have a different definition of "trounce"!

Um try 24k for per capita income in NOLA.

Arguing with you is fun.

Hawk hacks my posts!

A current review of Charlotte

Years ago, I visited friends that lived in Charlotte and we were very impressed with its beauty and price of living. Early this year I got a job offer in Charlotte and was extremely excited about the move. I moved my family to Charlotte, NC and we were excited about living in a city with a 'booming' economy. Charlotte today is nothing like it was 5 years ago. Indeed, Charlotte is growing and attracting people from many areas around the country. Such growth is accompanied with several problems. The crime rate is ridiculous. Home break-ins, car-jacking, assaulted-robbery, (you name it) happen daily. You can't find a decent 'starter home' in a decent neighborhood for under $250,000. The school system in Charlotte is unimpressive. Teachers are under-paid. I have been told to either live in South Charlotte, which is extremely expensive, or to move to Fort-Mill, SC for better schools for my children. That will not work for me since the commute is terrible. Taxes in Charlotte are extremely high. If you are moving to Charlotte be prepared to either pay tons of money for a home in South Charlotte where the schools are 'semi-decent', or have lots of money to send your child to private school. Traffic is absolutely terrible, with multiple accidents every hour. In addition, the area is suffering from water-shortage and you are not allowed to water your lawn or wash your car except maybe once a week for no more than an hour (you actually get fined if caught watering your lawn or washing your car on a 'non-watering' day).

At least we know there will never be a water shortage in New Orleans...why water your lawn when it becomes part of lake Pontchartrain?

A current review of Charlotte

Years ago, I visited friends that lived in Charlotte and we were very impressed with its beauty and price of living. Early this year I got a job offer in Charlotte and was extremely excited about the move. I moved my family to Charlotte, NC and we were excited about living in a city with a 'booming' economy. Charlotte today is nothing like it was 5 years ago. Indeed, Charlotte is growing and attracting people from many areas around the country. Such growth is accompanied with several problems. The crime rate is ridiculous. Home break-ins, car-jacking, assaulted-robbery, (you name it) happen daily. You can't find a decent 'starter home' in a decent neighborhood for under $250,000. The school system in Charlotte is unimpressive. Teachers are under-paid. I have been told to either live in South Charlotte, which is extremely expensive, or to move to Fort-Mill, SC for better schools for my children. That will not work for me since the commute is terrible. Taxes in Charlotte are extremely high. If you are moving to Charlotte be prepared to either pay tons of money for a home in South Charlotte where the schools are 'semi-decent', or have lots of money to send your child to private school. Traffic is absolutely terrible, with multiple accidents every hour. In addition, the area is suffering from water-shortage and you are not allowed to water your lawn or wash your car except maybe once a week for no more than an hour (you actually get fined if caught watering your lawn or washing your car on a 'non-watering' day).

Sounds familiar... Like someone tried posting it here before & was found to be several years old & most responses to that review were wondering wth that guy was talking about kind of familiar. ..

Um try 24k for per capita income in NOLA.

Arguing with you is fun.

Well I live in Metaire with most of the people since New Orleans is mostly business and poor neighborhoods on outskirts, but yes, the per capita where I don't live has a $24,929 value for 2012.

Actually, if you want to get super specific, the per capita income for just my zip code is $198,040. Just slightly higher than the $29k for Charlotte

Well I live in Metaire with most of the people since New Orleans is mostly business and poor neighborhoods on outskirts, but yes, the per capita where I don't live has a $24,929 value for 2012.

Actually, if you want to get super specific, the per capita income for just my zip code is $198,040. Just slightly higher than the $29k for Charlotte

Lol ok. And you say I'm the one who dodges around the argument.

I highly doubt that's true, but unlike you I don't feel like looking it up