Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando Summer League

20 posts in this topic

Posted

It was overdue for it's own thread...

Observations?

Who have you all found most impressive?

Best rookie so far?

The crazy thing is, I'd have to say my biggest surprise thus far has been Kelly Olynyk (sp?).  Dude has been balling out.

Posted

Olynyk has been playing well.

3 people like this

Posted

That's why I said he was my "biggest surprise," I truly thought he was going to be another one of many recent Gonzaga bums.

Posted

Plumlee has done well (from what I can tell).

Posted

Plumlee has done well (from what I can tell).

Yeah, from what I've seen, he's held it down.  I just have a hard time watching any of the Plumlees for some reason.

And it has nothing to do with my alma mater.  If I went to Duke, I'd hate watching him.  It's the equivalent to when I watch Hansbrough play now, lol.

Posted

I have a feeling Trey Burke won't be in the league very long...

Posted

Peyton Siva plays just as he did with Louisville...love his hustle and defense. A calm guy running a team with confidence.

Kelly O is made for the summer league. I hope we see Zellar poping shots and not defering to the 2nd year guys in MKG, Jeff Taylor and 3rd year Biyombo.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, from what I've seen, he's held it down. I just have a hard time watching any of the Plumlees for some reason.

And it has nothing to do with my alma mater. If I went to Duke, I'd hate watching him. It's the equivalent to when I watch Hansbrough play now, lol.

I agree, the Plumlees, Hansboros are hard to watch. Any guy who has zero feel for the game puts me off.

It is early but Burke is looking erriely like DJ augustin.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree, the Plumlees, Hansboros are hard to watch. Any guy who has zero feel for the game puts me off.

It is early but Burke is looking erriely like DJ augustin.

Exactly.

I saw some similarities in Burke and Augustin prior to the draft...  That being said, I don't remember DJ having as much trouble as he is in getting quality shots off.  He is struggling to even create space.  John Stockton's son finished the half over him and Alec Burks is getting the bulk of the ball handling duties today.

Posted

Reggie Jackson dropped 35 today for OKC lol.

Posted

I would say out of the rookies, Olynyk and Plumlee look the best so far...

But after all, it is summer league.

Posted

Oladipo stroking it from 3 but turning the ball over as he is shooting most possesions.

He had 6 turnovers his first gm... All expected. His shot seemed pretty good this past season at Indy.

Plumlee looks like he will be a Splitter* without the finishing ability.

*Obligitory white guy comp

1 person likes this