pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

Execution.

Of offense didn't execute well or consistently.
That is to be expected when injuries plague the oline.

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,546 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

http://ht.ly/nnjzT

Defending the Read-Option

Pro coaches can spend as much time as they'd like searching for a magic read-option cure-all on college campuses. They aren't going to find one. College defensive coordinators are as likely to complain about the difficulty of defending the multifaceted offenses so prevalent in college football as they are to claim they have all the answers. And a quick perusal of any Saturday afternoon games — or a statistics page — shows that the read-option is hardly being stamped out in the college ranks. The read-option poses real problems, problems that demand more than one solution.

#18 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

Joe Person @josephperson 21h

FB Mike Tolbert doesn't see Panthers running significantly less zone read. Said that package fits Cam very well.

#19 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Read option will still be used as an addition to our offense, not the core of our offense.

#20 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Please god... I-formation

#21 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

When we ran it and the amount we ran it absolutely was a problem early last year.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind running it occasionally, but definitely not as much as we did last year.

#22 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Agreed. I wouldn't mind running it occasionally, but definitely not as much as we did last year.

And in the right circumstances. Chud would not take what the defense gave, it's like it was scripted and Chud would call what he wanted to call, not what should have been called.

#23 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

And in the right circumstances. Chud would not take what the defense gave, it's like it was scripted and Chud would call what he wanted to call, not what should have been called.

That's true as well. I rewatched part of the first Falcons game last night, and one particular read option play from the first quarter struck me as being very disjointed from the flow of the game. The intermediate passing game and I formation running game were working very well, and then suddenly we come out in a very obvious read-option play on 2nd-and-long and loses a couple yards and sets us up for a lousy 3rd-and-long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com