Photo
- - - - -

NFL says Panthers have 8th best backfield, but..

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

8th best means there are 24 teams behind us. Top 10 is good. Right? Also, who gives a fug. Well, I mean, besides fug that is.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

It says deepest, not best.  Otherwise Minnesota would be #1 based on having AP alone.

I got that, but are the Eagles really that deep?

#18 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,425 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Meh, top 8 works. it was something to read... in the off season I guess.

Does anyone think Stewart will re-assume the starting spot over Dwill this coming season tho? I mean he had surgery on both ankles right?

And I know there was a lot of beating down of Dwill for his lack of production while the whole team was slow getting on the train with the read-option in play in the early part of the season. But, wasn't there kinda a rift and from some a collective scratching of the head when they announced DWill was getting pushed back to 2nd?

Not that either couldn't be the starter, it just stood out that guy wrote "If healthy, he'll start over Williams"...

#19 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Meh, top 8 works. it was something to read... in the off season I guess.

Does anyone think Stewart will re-assume the starting spot over Dwill this coming season tho? I mean he had surgery on both ankles right?

And I know there was a lot of beating down of Dwill for his lack of production while the whole team was slow getting on the train with the read-option in play in the early part of the season. But, wasn't there kinda a rift and from some a collective scratching of the head when they announced DWill was getting pushed back to 2nd?

Not that either couldn't be the starter, it just stood out that guy wrote "If healthy, he'll start over Williams"...

D Will is the starter. Stewart had like 360 rushing yards last year. He continues to have ankle and foot issues. I know both backs have been put on the IR since 2009 but DWill has provided more and if the 2010 season wasn't as atrocious as it was I don't think he would have been placed on the IR. I hope I am wrong about Stewart and he plays all 16 games (plus possible playoffs) this season, but I am concerned over his long term reliability. When completely healthy he IS the better back in our tandem though.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

Perception around the league is that the Panthers suck. This is what happens when you've had three consecutive losing seasons.

this.

we want respect? the team has to start actually winning instead of making excuses and talking about rome taking centuries to build.

we've earned and completely deserve the amount of respect that we get.

#21 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think we have the #1 backfield in terms of potential though.  Now if we use them correctly and they stay healthy (or in Stew's case GET HEALTHY) that's another question.

#22 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Saints at 6 is laughable. They traded their best RB. Now they have an ex Alabama RB that is fragile and soft. They really must think Sproles can be a 3 down back...which he is not

Disagree with this.

Sproles was exactly that in SD his last two years there.

Great blocker, and a better runner than most give him credit for.

There are a lot of folks out there that think SD offense going down the crapper had more to do with Sproles leaving than Norv or Rivers.

Although it's pretty tough for normal fans to even name 1 SD wideout.

#23 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

nfl.com is trying to generate hits. this is what sports analizing has amounted to. they said montana was overrated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com