rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Watch that guy named Griner, he's good.

Are you sure you don't want to say it a fourth time, someone might finally chuckle

#17 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Espn is full of a bunch of blowhards. They probably had to layoff all their employees in order to make room in their payroll for the salaries of all the former athletes and coaches they hire.

#18 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,394 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

If MNF were still on ABC, I would never watch ESPN again.

#19 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,604 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

As long as they keep Trent Dilfer (who actually knows what he's talking about when arriving to offense discussions as oppose to Tedy Bruschi -- idiot), I don't care who they fire.

#20 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,896 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Espn is comparable to fox news and msnbc just boring drivel. no journalistic integrity

#21 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yeah I don't want to see ESPN die but they definetly need to theory tank a new strategy. People watch ESPN because they hold all the TV rights. Nobody watches ESPN for Jaworski, Steven A, Magic, Skip Bayless, Chris Berman, and Merril Hodge. All of those personalities and many other makes me want to flip the channel. They have a strategy to appeal to young men because young men are the most easily influenced by advertising dollars. That's great, but they have completely lost touch with mature adults.

ACTUALLY, if I do watch, it is for Berman. Which that happens only in the Fall. Last I checked, ESPN was pulling a CNN and reporting on tabloids rather than actual sports. What also doesn't help is that they cater only to the big markets. Ever see any Hurricanes coverage? If it's NHL, it's Rangers or Bruins. You also wouldn't know that half of the NBA existed since they point coverage towards big markets. I doubt Fox Sports 1 will be any better. 

#22 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

ESPN website also tanking as they partner with Facebook. If I ever want to hear about RG3 getting married or eating a scoop of ice cream, I'll watch ESPN.

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,308 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

I will be happy for them to have competition.

They have beat the Lebron drum for two weeks solid after the fricking season is over. Did the same with Brett Farve and Tiger. Just run a few guys into the ground and no longer cover the sports as a whole.

They cover Yankees/Red Sox to death, but if you are a fan of Detroit, Milwaukee, Houston, etc. then the ticker at the bottom of the screen is pretty much all you have.

You won't see much Panther love either. Big markets is all they cater to, not the entire sport.

#24 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

ESPN is the hype train. They try to jump on someone's nuts and every once in a while hit a home run with it. Mostly it fads out but whatever generates ratings and advertising money. If it wasn't for Nascar and college football, it'd be over for me.

#25 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

actually, any television related thing that abuses the endorsement of twitter sucks anyways. 

#26 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

WNBA is where the audience is

delicious pie for that sig. Can't get use to it. Keep posting.

#27 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I liked them better when they were showing Australian Rules Football, the Highland Games, and Worlds Strongest Man competitions during the daytime hours.

#28 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,549 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

As a whole, they have the worst personalities on TV.

#29 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

The hate for ESPN is strong on this board. Probably stems from a lack of "respect", the fug whatever that means.

#30 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

I liked them better when they were showing Australian Rules Football, the Highland Games, and Worlds Strongest Man competitions during the daytime hours.

Don't forget mud-bogging.  Usually showed that on Thursday afternoons in the late 80's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com