Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Cam Newton: Why Can't He Win?

Best Answer CashNewton22, 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I can't wait for the national media to eat some non delicious pie and become forced to write positive articles about the Panthers after we make the playoffs this year. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#16 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

I wonder if he has any idea what the Air Coryell offense is predicated on?

#17 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

i wonder if the thinks Cam plays for the Camolina Camthers

#18 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Homerism aside, he makes a good point. Doesnt mean Cam shouldnt use his incredible arm and legs, he should just improve his intermediate and short range passing, his defensive reading, and not try to force plays that arent there. Minimize risk as much as possible. Cam will get there soon, and when he does he will be absolutely unstoppable.

#19 Steven Smiff

Steven Smiff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Cam can't win because he is too worried about entertaining people. and becoming a cultural icon. He should be focused on becoming a better player and becoming mentally stronger. The media don't like Cam because he comes across as a thug from the hood. He wears his pants pulled down so that his panties will show. He has stickers and price tags on his hats. His car has like 25 inch chrome rims with inch thick tires on them. He always listens  to hippy hop and crap music. Next he will get gold teef to finish his image. Cam has to decide if he wants to be gang material or a NFL QB

#20 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Homerism aside, he makes a good point. Doesnt mean Cam shouldnt use his incredible arm and legs, he should just improve his intermediate and short range passing, his defensive reading, and not try to force plays that arent there. Minimize risk as much as possible. Cam will get there soon, and when he does he will be absolutely unstoppable.

Yes, Cam does need to work on his accuracy on shorter routes.

But, why did every pass play seem to be predicated on a WR flat out beating a defender? Rarely saw routes that influenced DBs, or chips/picks so other WRs could get open. And the few chips they did run, Murphy flat out tackled the defender.

#21 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

This is what the idiots say who dont watch the panthers play and rely on espn or some other bullshit mainstream media pushing the conventional wisdom that Cam is the reason the panthers lose. Watch the fuging games and its plain as day why theyre not winning and it sure as hell isnt Cam Newton.

#22 CashNewton22

CashNewton22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM   Best Answer

I can't wait for the national media to eat some non delicious pie and become forced to write positive articles about the Panthers after we make the playoffs this year.

#23 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,759 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Cam can't win because he is too worried about entertaining people. and becoming a cultural icon. He should be focused on becoming a better player and becoming mentally stronger. The media don't like Cam because he comes across as a thug from the hood. He wears his pants pulled down so that his panties will show. He has stickers and price tags on his hats. His car has like 25 inch chrome rims with inch thick tires on them. He always listens to hippy hop and crap music. Next he will get gold teef to finish his image. Cam has to decide if he wants to be gang material or a NFL QB

al_bundy_gtfo_gif.gif

#24 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Cam forces things for two reasons.

1. Usually nobody is open and he tries to make a play because throwing the ball out of bounds every play you might as well have jimmy playing.

2. I really don't believe he trusts the defense so he tries to win it all when he's on the field.

I can't say that I blame him. When the team around him improves he'll stop trying to win it himself, because right now he damn near has to.

#25 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

OLine is key to our season.

If we can run, we can win.

Cam just needs to remember to keep his footwork sharpe and work a bit on short crossing routes. He will be fine.

#26 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,516 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

I wonder what they would say if Cam really did suck?

Answer:

Nothing at all, ever, period.

#27 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,793 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Cam can't win because he is too worried about entertaining people. and becoming a cultural icon. He should be focused on becoming a better player and becoming mentally stronger. The media don't like Cam because he comes across as a thug from the hood. He wears his pants pulled down so that his panties will show. He has stickers and price tags on his hats. His car has like 25 inch chrome rims with inch thick tires on them. He always listens to hippy hop and crap music. Next he will get gold teef to finish his image. Cam has to decide if he wants to be gang material or a NFL QB

This isn't even good trolling

#28 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yet another member of the media who has never watched a Panthers game.

#29 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

I like how a QB is a failure if he doesn't go to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons nowadays. Can't wait for these dipsticks to backtrack and make excuses all season when these rookie phenoms inevitably crash back down to earth.

#30 nationofdomination

nationofdomination

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

do people just forget that he's only been in the league for two years?  they act like he is a 5 year pro who hasn't put up a winning season.

i could go on and on and on and on about why we haven't put up a winning season and how it is probably only 5% Cam's fault.

Funny i was in the ABC store the other day wearing a Panthers t-shirt. Cashier starts talking about the Panthers and how Cam Newton needs to step up, he's immature, blah blah blah. All this from a fellow Panthers fan.

The guy in front of me wearing a New York giants hat said. "hold on a second, Cam Newton is the least of the Panthers problems, that dude is an absolute stud. 

this article and all of the other ones are just part of the smear campaign against Cam, pay no attention, don't provide links so these dumbasses get the hits.

why not just say 0% of it is cam's fault? he's only the quarterback right? and he's superman right? why would anyone mention his lack of maturity? they should be ashamed!  your story about the abc store cashier and the giants fan sounds completely made up, but assuming its true, did you offer to service the giants fan in the parking lot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com