Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Bend

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I do not care as long as we are making big plays.

Posted

im not a fan of the gimmicky offense that relies on so many plays that are very short passes like the saints, which i estimate at least 20-25% of their pass plays are screens.  effective?  yes, entertaining to me? not really.  i rather see a balanced offense that is effective moving the ball with run and play action that pounds and wears out a defense.  of course a very vertical offense can be entertaining but aren't always consistent. 

1 person likes this

Posted

the most exciting thing i saw was a blocked field goal lol

Muhsin's 85 yard TD reception in the superbowl made that entire bucs game look like a guy trying to take a hard poo for three hours

Posted

another vote for balance!!!

I think offense plays more to the rookie football fans where as the senior fans appreciate the great defensive plays more.

Posted

watching a dominating defense is always an adrenaline rush.

i don't care for quick strike big play high powered offenses. imo, they're almost as boring as an anemic 3 and out offense. there's nothing more demoralizing to an opposing defense than having a methodical smash mouth offense consistently run 15-20 plays up and down the field and put up points.

2 people like this

Posted

It's tough to choose, I have a great appreciation for both. I just want to see Panthers making big plays and demoralizing our opponents. Most of all, I want to see us making clutch plays to actually seal a victory.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've always leaned towards defense because I like seeing the opponent get beat up, but there's nothing like the thrill of watching your offense dominate and run up the score. 

2 people like this

Posted

Love both.

I love a physical, aggressive defense, and a physical offense.

I'd rather watch j. Stewart run over and through defenders, than any rb run for the sideline.

I love watching Steve Smith take out blockers while a teammate scores. I love watching steve smith fight for the ball.

I love watching great front sevens harass an opposing offensive line, rb, qb.

I love to see a rb stoodup behind the line if scrimmage.

I even love watching Gamble take out Culpepper, even though that play ended culoeppers career.

Agree with everything you said but seeing D Will score a long TD run is just electrifying IMO.

Posted

"i enjoyed watching our defense injuring another player"

goodness my what a scumbag

Posted

Love watching a solid offense.. When the team is playing together, methodically moving down the field, it's a thing of beauty. Really, is there anything finer than watching the O grind out a few decent runs, 4-7yds a pop then drawin the D in on a run formation only to hit a deep pass or screen for 40+?

Pick 6, maybe.. Or a D lineman rumblin down the field with the fumble he just recovered. I can appreciate both sides, but defense just gets me.. It's even more rewarding watching the defense stop the better offenses, than vice versa. It's a different confidence knowin that they can't score on us than knowin we can outscore them. What gets you more excited, Smitty 70yd TD catch or a 40yd return TD from 1 of the Josh's or Captain? Tough call....

Posted

When defense makes a good play [pick 6] the stadium gets way louder than a long TD run/throw

Our stadium gets quiet because most of the fans in the stadium are devastated when the "away" team throws a pick 6.

Posted

I remember when we had an awesome defense and being more excited when the defense was on the field