Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Your Bend

39 posts in this topic

Theres nothing like a great defense. Being confident in their ability to read plays and smash the poo out of the offense.. Gives me an adrenaline rush just thinking about it.

I've recently seen both ends of the spectrum with my college team.  A few years ago, we had the best defense in the nation, but an offense that couldn't score the 10 points needed to beat most of the teams on our schedule.  It was incredibly hard to watch.  

Last year, we put up a lot of points every week, we just gave up even more to the opposition.  Both are incredibly frustrating!

Defense, defense, defense.  To me, the most exciting plays in franchise history were Mills' pick six against the Jets, and Jenkins blocked PAT against the Bucs.

balanced and dominant with both. 

I'm not choosing. you can't make me. if we have one one and not the other I'll complain about the other. i expect both to be great. it's not fun for me watxhing a team that is weak on any side of the ball.

qft

to the left.

I do not care as long as we are making big plays.

im not a fan of the gimmicky offense that relies on so many plays that are very short passes like the saints, which i estimate at least 20-25% of their pass plays are screens.  effective?  yes, entertaining to me? not really.  i rather see a balanced offense that is effective moving the ball with run and play action that pounds and wears out a defense.  of course a very vertical offense can be entertaining but aren't always consistent. 

1 person likes this

the most exciting thing i saw was a blocked field goal lol

Muhsin's 85 yard TD reception in the superbowl made that entire bucs game look like a guy trying to take a hard poo for three hours

another vote for balance!!!

I think offense plays more to the rookie football fans where as the senior fans appreciate the great defensive plays more.

watching a dominating defense is always an adrenaline rush.

i don't care for quick strike big play high powered offenses. imo, they're almost as boring as an anemic 3 and out offense. there's nothing more demoralizing to an opposing defense than having a methodical smash mouth offense consistently run 15-20 plays up and down the field and put up points.

2 people like this

It's tough to choose, I have a great appreciation for both. I just want to see Panthers making big plays and demoralizing our opponents. Most of all, I want to see us making clutch plays to actually seal a victory.

1 person likes this