Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Steam Summer Sale

113 posts in this topic

Posted

I picked up CS Global Offensive and played it a couple hours, got slaughtered, I haven't played CS in years lol.  It's still pretty fun though for a simple game.  DM was annoying so I went to Hostage Rescue and it was much more fun.  $5 well spent.

I actually DID end up buying the BL2 Mechromancer/Pyscho packs lol.  I haven't played BL2 yet but I already owned base game and season pass so it just made sense.

Only spent $11 so far, so not too bad.  Endless Space has my attention though but I may not get some of these games due to the fact I don't think I'll play them before the Winter sale when they will be cheaper.  

Posted

Damn it. I'm not in the country for the sale. All the currency is in pounds :(

Posted

Civ 5 Gold for like 12 bucks right now, is a really good deal. You can get it and the Brave New World Exp Pack for like a total of 34 dollars. Good for another 3 hours for those that haven't picked it up. 

Posted

Most of the community choices eventually go up as flash sales or daily deals anyway.

Posted

Can anyone please explain why Civil 5 is so awesome? I've never played one before but I'm tempted.

Posted

Can anyone please explain why Civil 5 is so awesome? I've never played one before but I'm tempted.

I purchased it during last Summer's sale.  Mostly, it's just addicting as hell and I get off on the whole world domination thing. It can get repetitive and old somewhat fast, but it's a great buy for a few bucks. 

Posted

I need to put more time into Civ5.  I don't have the new expansion, I'll wait.  But apparently the last 2 expansions basically make the game more like "Civ6" with all the changes and fixes to how the game plays out.  Game is addicting and can take some time.  I always liked it, especially with Civ5, where you can win without military, by building a good economy or from religion, etc.

So new deals up, I'll most likely be getting Fez for 4.99 .  Chivalry for 6 and change may be hard to pass up also.  If Sleeping Dogs wins that vote and it's 6 bucks I'll probably grab that, just wish there was a big DLC bundle for it instead though.

FTL for like 2.50 is a steal if you don't own it yet.  Very fun game.

Doesn't look like FC3 is going to get cheap enough for me to pick it up this sale, so maybe Winter sale or something.  

Posted

Just picked up Walking dead, Chivalry and Just Cause 2.  $15...can't beat it.

Posted

Walking Dead for that price is great.  I loved it.  So much I immediately bought and played 500 Days for 4.99.  I know they aren't long games but they immerse you and entertain.  Interactive movie, etc.

Posted

Also picked up Chivalry to mess around with for a bit....

Posted

Just picked up Just Cause 2. Can't beat it at $3.00. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is on sale for $15. Hoping it drops cause I want it for the nostalgia.

Posted

Also picked up Far Cry 2 for 2 bucks since I missed out on that one (computer was broke when it first came out)....