HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

I disagree!

#12 prowler2k8

prowler2k8

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

I cant agree with that. Our Oline got thwomped last year even at full strength.

Yeah, I agree Friz. Our OL, particularly the right side concerns me more than our supposedly subpar secondary.

#13 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

The Giants made our oline look like bitches last year. They aren't the strength at this point. I'd have to say our strength is LB and DE.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

cam and keek.

everything needs to be built around those two.

they've done a good job on defense. not so much on offense. OL and WR needs a whole lot of attention the next couple years.

#15 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

I cant agree with that.  Our Oline got thwomped last year even at full strength.

To be fair, Chud was in max retard mode when our Oline was trying to block for 5+ seconds on a slow developing play.  Throw in a guard that was completely lost and a 2nd year rookie free agent tackle and thats not exactly the recipe for success.

#16 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• PipPipPipPip
  • Locationstarkville, ms
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Our O-line is not bad as people make it out to be. With Kalil returning from injury and having 2 young guards will solidify the middle. Both guards are big body with excellent run blocking skill  and athletic enough to get to the secondary level. Byron Bell is also better in run blocking and will benefit from the traditional run game & a RG  next to him that want get pushed around like a rag doll. With a more simplified play-calling & traditional formation will help the O-line gel from training camp to the begging of the season. The O-line play will probably be the most important key to playoff birth!

LT- Jordan Gross - 6'4" 304lbs

LG- Amini Silatolu - 6'4" 314lbs

C- Ryan Kalil - 6'2" 300lbs

RG- Edmund Kugbila- 6'4" 325lbs

RT- Byron Bell- 6'5" 340lbs

#17 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I cant agree with that.  Our Oline got thwomped last year even at full strength.

yea i dont know what games that guy was watching.  i can't even say the last time our oline has been good from week 1, usually takes them 7 or 8 weeks to get on track

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Our O-line is not bad as people make it out to be. With Kalil returning from injury and having 2 young guards will solidify the middle. Both guards are big body with excellent run blocking skill and athletic enough to get to the secondary level. Byron Bell is also better in run blocking and will benefit from the traditional run game & a RG next to him that want get pushed around like a rag doll. With a more simplified play-calling & traditional formation will help the O-line gel from training camp to the begging of the season. The O-line play will probably be the most important key to playoff birth!

LT- Jordan Gross - 6'4" 304lbs
LG- Amini Silatolu - 6'4" 314lbs
C- Ryan Kalil - 6'2" 300lbs
RG- Edmund Kugbila- 6'4" 325lbs
RT- Byron Bell- 6'5" 340lbs

You are giving Kugbila a lot of props. He has only played against D2 talent. We don't know how he'll turn out. Hangartner will more than likely start week 1.

#19 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• PipPipPipPip
  • Locationstarkville, ms
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

You are giving Kugbila a lot of props. He has only played against D2 talent. We don't know how he'll turn out. Hangartner will more than likely start week 1

Well Piggy is not going to get  bigger this season and I believe Kugbila is more athletic and better at Run blocking than Piggy even if he hasn't played a down yet. The GM and coach knew the situation of our RG going into the draft and they believe Kugbila is the solution since they "overreached" him in the 4th round. He was getting 1st team snaps in mini camp and is going to continue in training camp. I think by end of preseason he takes the starting job.

If Amini can come from D-II school and switch from tackle to guard with little bit of success then Kugbila can do the same while retaining the same position. He has the skills and body build for the offense where going to be running and will help him transition better to the NFL by  playing to his strengths. He will have difficulty adjusting to pass protection, but it will not be a major issue.

#20 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well Piggy is not going to get  bigger this season and I believe Kugbila is more athletic and better at Run blocking than Piggy even if he hasn't played a down yet. The GM and coach knew the situation of our RG going into the draft and they believe Kugbila is the solution since they "overreached" him in the 4th round. He was getting 1st team snaps in mini camp and is going to continue in training camp. I think by end of preseason he takes the starting job.

If Amini can come from D-II school and switch from tackle to guard with little bit of success then Kugbila can do the same while retaining the same position. He has the skills and body build for the offense where going to be running and will help him transition better to the NFL by  playing to his strengths. He will have difficulty adjusting to pass protection, but it will not be a major issue.

I pretty much agree with all this. I see a decent enough line to get things done. So, I ain't as worried as a lot of folks seem to be.

The one problem, Kugzilla spent more time on the bike in OTAs than he did practicing. Althugh he did get some reps with the ones. I really believe he will be given the opportunity to win the starting job. And I can live with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users