Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Training Camp Match-Ups: What To Watch For.

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm most excited about seeing Jon Beason/Thomas Davis when they're matched up with Olsen. Moreso Beason just to see if he's back or lost a little step. Either way looking forward seeing how he does in coverage considering he'll be matched up against TE's Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Tony Gonzalez, Rob Gronkowski ect. Could be a glimpse of things to come if he does well covering Olsen or gets abused.

I really think that it will do us well having Davis on the strongside covering the TE. He is so athletic, the change from Anderson to him there will really change the success that the TE has had against us.  I think Beason will do well covering a back in the flat from the weakside. 

Posted · Report post

I think Amini vs Star will be an awesome match up. I expect Hardy to beat Gross more often than not if they are facing each other.

Whoever is at RG will probably get destroyed. Kugbila should have some nice blocks here and there though.

Hardy is a LDE and Gross is a LT. They don't line up against each other.

Posted · Report post

yes they do

Posted · Report post

Hardy played most snaps at RDE last season.

Posted · Report post

I'm looking forward to seeing who comes out as our number one corner, who plays the best at SS (really hoping it's Lester), and if Huddle favorite David Gettis can prove me wrong and make this roster and hopefully contribute. 

Also I'm mildly intrigued to see were Kugzilla is at. I don't expect him to start Day 1, but I forsee by season's end him getting some reps. 

Posted · Report post

Hardy plays RE, try again

Posted · Report post

star looks bigger without pads on than a lot of players do with pads on

Posted · Report post

Hardy plays RE, try again

You double  sure about that? He's listed as a LDE everywhere I can find. Yes, they switch about some but he's the LDE and Johnson the RDE. Just look at the game day playbooks pdf files on Panthers.com.

Posted · Report post

Hardy played most snaps at RDE last season.

Most or some? 

Posted · Report post

You double  sure about that? He's listed as a LDE everywhere I can find. Yes, they switch about some but he's the LDE and Johnson the RDE. Just look at the game day playbooks pdf files on Panthers.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4GdZzKY4_0

and i've never seen him switched with charles, he does line up next to charles at DT on some plays

Posted · Report post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4GdZzKY4_0

and i've never seen him switched with charles, he does line up next to charles at DT on some plays

I will admit that I did not notice the tendency for Hardy to play on the right. But he is listed by the team as the starter at LDE and that is what he predominantly played up until this year. You can find footage of him playing LDE this season just searching for specific game footage. There is at least one in the youtube you posted.

Posted · Report post

I will admit that I did not notice the tendency for Hardy to play on the right. But he is listed by the team as the starter at LDE and that is what he predominantly played up until this year. You can find footage of him playing LDE this season just searching for specific game footage. There is at least one in the youtube you posted.

hmmm i'll check it out. I tend to just watch the dline when defense is on.  i have never once noticed hardy playing where charles does. sometimes it gets confusing cause he gets pushed inside. but that is kind of strange.  it has been said around here and i have said Hardy has a harder job of getting to the qb because he plays against elite left tackles.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments