Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tidbits from the interview with Rivera

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why 26-20 points per game? If our front 7 plays well this year. We only need to score maybe 14-17 a game. Maybe  26-30 in certain games. But it will all come down how our D plays this year.

There are quite a few games on our schedule that if we scored 17 points would be us getting blown out.  No matter our defence I do not see that beating the Saints, Giants, Pats, 49ers or Falcons.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Why 26-20 points per game? If our front 7 plays well this year. We only need to score maybe 14-17 a game. Maybe  26-30 in certain games. But it will all come down how our D plays this year.

we should never EVER believe that. not in this era, regardless of how confident we are in the defense.

to be consistently competive, you HAVE to put a ton of points on the board. we have to be able to do it week in and week out and this team has to be expecting to be in a shoot out every week.

we have to be putting 25+ points on the board every week. we can't get by with less. that has to be the mindset.

screw winning games with defense. outscore the other team. put up more points than the other team is capable of putting up if they figure out your defense, which is going to happen.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Just not a real big fan of Rivera, idk why I feel that way.....maybe because he hasnt given me a reason to like him...

Posted · Report post

Just not a real big fan of Rivera, idk why I feel that way.....maybe because he hasnt given me a reason to like him...

Rivera did not fumble on 3-1, did not throw the ball in the dirt in the endzone.  Just those 2 things give us a winning record.  I do not understand the hate, let the guy learn a little.

Posted · Report post

Rivera did not fumble on 3-1, did not throw the ball in the dirt in the endzone.  Just those 2 things give us a winning record.  I do not understand the hate, let the guy learn a little.

I dont HATE Rivera, just saying he hasnt done anything in my eyes to make me Love him. 

Posted · Report post

Rivera did not fumble on 3-1, did not throw the ball in the dirt in the endzone. Just those 2 things give us a winning record. I do not understand the hate, let the guy learn a little.

Same with cam

Posted · Report post

Same with cam

Completely agree.  I am not saying that I blame Cam for those losses by any stretch, the team lost the game and it never should have come down to those plays if the team was playing well. I always give Cam a break, especially the way Chud expected him to be the team and put too much on him too early.

Posted · Report post

I dont HATE Rivera, just saying he hasnt done anything in my eyes to make me Love him. 

I got you. I like the guy but he diffedently has a lot to prove to me too.

Posted · Report post

I appreciate Rivera as a person. He sounds like a stand up guy, and the players adore him. So I desperately want Ron to succeed here. He's earned it. As a head coach, Rivera experienced the growing pains of the job for a first timer but he needs to step it up this season.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

There are quite a few games on our schedule that if we scored 17 points would be us getting blown out.  No matter our defence I do not see that beating the Saints, Giants, Pats, 49ers or Falcons.

I assume you mean there is no way we win with 17 points against these teams.  These teams are all beatable.  Our team is good enough to beat them all.  I am actually looking forward to the Giant game.  Carolina is going to have this one marked on their calendar. 

Depends on whether we control the ball like we can.  If your running game is solid and you have 7,8 or 9 minute drives and you score TDs.  You keep the ball out of those guys hands.  They cannot score points sitting on the bench watching us.

I would take 20 and our defense being improved keeping ANYBODY under 20.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We need to focus on scoring every drive, and if our defense plays lights out and holds other teans to 14 or less, it will be just icing on the cake. That's the mindset.

Posted · Report post

I assume you mean there is no way we win with 17 points against these teams.  These teams are all beatable.  Our team is good enough to beat them all.  I am actually looking forward to the Giant game.  Carolina is going to have this one marked on their calendar. 

Depends on whether we control the ball like we can.  If your running game is solid and you have 7,8 or 9 minute drives and you score TDs.  You keep the ball out of those guys hands.  They cannot score points sitting on the bench watching us.

I would take 20 and our defense being improved keeping ANYBODY under 20.

I completely agree we can beat any of those teams, and I do not care if it is by defense or offence, my only point was that even with our much improved defense we will need to score closer to double 17 points. If I am wrong and we score 20 and keep them under 20 I will be happy you are right too! According to espn, scoring 20 points per game would put us 24th in the league last year.http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame