Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Topic Players that may be gone after Training Camp aka we have to find someone else to worship or bash thread

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Um, the Giants went and signed David Carr under the Gettlemen era...

Wasn't he head of pro scouting?

i see your point, but a direct comparison isn't accurate. the players we laugh at are ones that were brought in as legit starters that had no business starting in the NFL because marty hurney was a notably awful general manager. david carr was brought in as a backup player with no intention of starting him. a player's rating on the laughingstock scale is based more on his expectations than his actual ability.

to illustrate, if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen to start at quarterback, jimmy clausen would be laughed at due to incompetency. if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen as a 3rd option, he wouldn't be laughed at.

Posted

What about Gettis' play makes you think he's not going to make it this year? Do you think he cant catch, cant block cant run? What do you think Gettis cant do? . . . Im curious.

Posted

i see your point, but a direct comparison isn't accurate. the players we laugh at are ones that were brought in as legit starters that had no business starting in the NFL because marty hurney was a notably awful general manager. david carr was brought in as a backup player with no intention of starting him. a player's rating on the laughingstock scale is based more on his expectations than his actual ability.

to illustrate, if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen to start at quarterback, jimmy clausen would be laughed at due to incompetency. if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen as a 3rd option, he wouldn't be laughed at.

Well, I don't think Hurney was all that bad in drafting talent....everyone whiffs. Hurney was dreadful on contracts and managing who to keep or let go.

We can only hope Gettlemen can come close to Hurney on hitting on first rounders. Can we even name a GM that was better in the first round than Hurney in the same span?

His only whiff was Otah and he was dominant when on the field

Posted

What about Gettis' play makes you think he's not going to make it this year? Do you think he cant catch, cant block cant run? What do you think Gettis cant do? . . . Im curious.

Probably ha something to do with his stats and production the last 2 years being on par with yours and mine

Posted

From the standpoint of this board, Clausen would be the most popular cut.  Not going to hate on the guy....he has handled his situation here with class. In that respect....better than expected.

Posted

My training camp crushes will be

Gaydosh

That Freak of a TE

White

Moss

Posted

Probably ha something to do with his stats and production the last 2 years being on par with yours and mine

I love how all your statements hide their intentions hahaha, dont worry CRA I read you loud and clear. This about how you see it?

The fact that he was injured is unfortunate but clearly he is part of his failures and the odds are stacked against him. If you get injured youre ability immediately decreases, you arent learning anything, and youre just withering away. You dont grow at all as a person, you dont get better at anything. In fact you become a liability to the team since you are taking up snaps which could have gone to someone more deserving like . . . ?!?? Idk who . . . . You tell me who, CRA :) lol I cant stomach any more of typing that.

There's just one problem with how of you think about Gettis. He hasnt ever failed.

I guess the fact that you cant really answer my question tells all when you get involved in these discussions. haha oh well, you just love to talk dont you? ghead and tell me how unproductive he will be based on his stats.