Photo
- - - - -

Topic Players that may be gone after Training Camp aka we have to find someone else to worship or bash thread

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,585 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

anybody else here unable to help themselves imagining speed racer saying the thread title?

#17 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

I predict that Lamont Bryant is the new Gettis on the huddle after the melt down when Gettis is finally cut.

#18 stratopanther

stratopanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCentral VA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Granted Nortman had some god awful punts.  He also had some really good ones and showed flashes of competancy in my mind.  One that comes to mind is the punt at the end of the first falcons game that he put on the one.  That was pretty clutch even though it was completely erased on the next play.

#19 CashNewton22

CashNewton22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

I think this is Fua/Nakamura's last camp in a Panthers uniform.

I don't know why but I just think Pilares sticks and makes some Bigtime plays this year for us.

#20 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

falcons_medium.gif

:(

#21 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

anybody else here unable to help themselves imagining speed racer saying the thread title?

How much you wanna bet many, MANY Huddlers have no idea of which you speak.  I, on the other hand, figured out what Cruncher Bloch was up to with the Mammoth Car long before the $50 mill in gold was revealed.

#22 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

This is why I'd rather go with 2 QBs on the 53 and stash one on the PS.

Agreed.  If you're down to your 3rd string QB, you're already fuged anyway.  No sense in wasting an active roster spot on one.

#23 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

Gaydosh is PS eligible, so I doubt he's gone.

Nortman has a big time leg, but he's just terrible at directional kicking, which if you ask me, is a dumb ass strategy anyways. I'm of the believer that you should encourage punters to out kick their coverage, as long as the hang time is consistent and acceptable i'm putting the onus on the cover guys to get their asses down there quick, fast, and in a hurry.

#24 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

i look forward to the day when we don't have anyone to make fun of on the roster. gettleman has a good chance of making that happen and ending hurney's traveling circus of CFL roster rejects.

Um, the Giants went and signed David Carr under the Gettlemen era...

Wasn't he head of pro scouting?

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,690 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Um, the Giants went and signed David Carr under the Gettlemen era...

Wasn't he head of pro scouting?

i see your point, but a direct comparison isn't accurate. the players we laugh at are ones that were brought in as legit starters that had no business starting in the NFL because marty hurney was a notably awful general manager. david carr was brought in as a backup player with no intention of starting him. a player's rating on the laughingstock scale is based more on his expectations than his actual ability.

to illustrate, if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen to start at quarterback, jimmy clausen would be laughed at due to incompetency. if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen as a 3rd option, he wouldn't be laughed at.

#26 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

What about Gettis' play makes you think he's not going to make it this year? Do you think he cant catch, cant block cant run? What do you think Gettis cant do? . . . Im curious.

#27 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

i see your point, but a direct comparison isn't accurate. the players we laugh at are ones that were brought in as legit starters that had no business starting in the NFL because marty hurney was a notably awful general manager. david carr was brought in as a backup player with no intention of starting him. a player's rating on the laughingstock scale is based more on his expectations than his actual ability.

to illustrate, if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen to start at quarterback, jimmy clausen would be laughed at due to incompetency. if a general manager brought in jimmy clausen as a 3rd option, he wouldn't be laughed at.

Well, I don't think Hurney was all that bad in drafting talent....everyone whiffs. Hurney was dreadful on contracts and managing who to keep or let go.

We can only hope Gettlemen can come close to Hurney on hitting on first rounders. Can we even name a GM that was better in the first round than Hurney in the same span?

His only whiff was Otah and he was dominant when on the field

#28 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

What about Gettis' play makes you think he's not going to make it this year? Do you think he cant catch, cant block cant run? What do you think Gettis cant do? . . . Im curious.

Probably ha something to do with his stats and production the last 2 years being on par with yours and mine

#29 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

From the standpoint of this board, Clausen would be the most popular cut.  Not going to hate on the guy....he has handled his situation here with class. In that respect....better than expected.

#30 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

My training camp crushes will be

Gaydosh

That Freak of a TE

White

Moss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.