#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,070 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Jonathan Stout of Canes Country: Jaromir Jagr’sagent, Petr Svoboda confirms that the Hurricanes are on Jagr’s short list of teams he’s interested in. There are more than three teams interested in Jagr and there is no timetable for a decision.

So it seems like the following is going down...

Jim Rutherford really wants to focus on defense and is trying to get Ron Hainsey or Ryan Whitney (his "big name" free agents) to take a pay cut and come play in Carolina. Personally, I believe Hainsey is the guy we are most interested in because I think he is willing to take a pay cut due to the fact that his family still resides in Atlanta (Hainsey has been with Winnipeg/Atlanta since 2008).

I think Rutherford wants to add Hainsey and trade Pitkanen for a winger, but if he is not able to do that; he is willing to sign Jagr on a one year deal in Carolina.

It appears as though Jagr is waiting the process out because his preferred destination is the Hurricanes.

Just my $0.02.

#2 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

I really don't think its so much Carolina is his preferred destination, but that whoever gives him the most money is his preferred destination.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,070 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

I really don't think its so much Carolina is his preferred destination, but that whoever gives him the most money is his preferred destination.

I would agree with you.... except for the fact that he would have to settle for less to play here yet him and his agents still express interest in the Canes.

#4 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

3 mil for a year is right about what Jagr would get though.

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,070 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

I don't think we can even offer him 3 mil now. We still have to sign Lindholm and our three restricted free agents.

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,070 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

New Jersey officials have said that Jagr to the Devils is 99% done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.