Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the most underrated Charlotte Hornet player in franchise history?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

IMO I think Jamal Mashburn was very underrated. Dude had a very smooth offensive game, and a very underrated post game. Injuries unfortunately cut his career short, I wish we could have seen him more as a Charlotte Hornet than a NewOrleans Hornet. I couldn't find a good video of him with a Charlotte mix but here is a game highlight of him as a NewOrleans Hornet. Dude was a beast!

Posted

Dell Curry is severly underrated. Outside of Hornets fans, not many people know who he is. He went down as literally one of the best three point shooters in NBA history.

1 person likes this

Posted

XG0XLvR.jpg

kurt-rambis.jpg

Posted

tumblr_ldm1i2E0fE1qay78vo1_400.jpg

Kendall-Gill-Boxing.jpg

Posted

Dell Curry is severly underrated. Outside of Hornets fans, not many people know who he is. He went down as literally one of the best three point shooters in NBA history.

Yeah he is up there with Reggie Miller/Ray Allen/etc...

The scary thing is his son Steph Curry will go down as a better shooter than him.

Posted

Other guys that come to mind are Anthony Mason, B.J. Armstrong, Derrick Coleman, and Baron Davis.

Posted

I forgot about Derrick Coleman he was underrated as well. I don't think Baron Davis was underrated, everybody knew he was good.

Posted

I forgot about Derrick Coleman he was underrated as well. I don't think Baron Davis was underrated, everybody knew he was good.

He's underrated today because he stayed in the league too long. A lot of people only remember him with the Clippers, Warriors, Knicks, and New Orleans Hornets.

He was a stud while he was in CLT.

Posted

Speaking of Baron Davis. He recently did an interview and said that he was abducted by aliens two weeks ago....

The funny thing is that he was being serious.

Posted

Speaking of Baron Davis. He recently did an interview and said that he was abducted by aliens two weeks ago....

The funny thing is that he was being serious.

I lol'd.

Posted

I agree with Mashburn. He was a different player when he was here.

An old one during the bad years was Frank Brickowski. Great low post guy and rebounder.

Scott Burrell, who I remember picking Scottie Pippen at halfcourt for breakaway dunks was an amazing defender.

-he had a pretty reliable 3 point shot as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Underrated with the league or with the franchise?

I think Hersey Hawkins and Scott Burrell were unappreciated during their time in Charlotte.  Not that they were disliked, but they did a lot more than they were given credit for.

Jamaal Magloire was a stud that wasn't utilized as much as he could have been.