34 replies to this topic

#16 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

From all second hand accounts I have heard of things about town he is a total dick head. Maybe he has grown up in the past few years though.

That'll happen when you realize you're not as good as you were hyped to be, amass subpar numbers/stats, receive copious amounts of criticism, find the franchise that drafted you giving up after just one season by drafting the most electric and athletically gifted QB in the history of sport the following year (falling all the way to third-string), and become an endless joke and pun to millions of fans across this great land.

It'll cure the douche in you insanely fast.

#17 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

Jimmy never has been liked in Charlotte, a lot of people hated the pick, disastrous rookie season, inactive all 16 games for the past two seasons...etc. He isn't used to that. People in South Bend bowed down to him. He literally was sitting on top of the world. Now he's one of the worst QB's on an NFL roster.

#18 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

Jimmy never has been liked in Charlotte, a lot of people hated the pick, disastrous rookie season, inactive all 16 games for the past two seasons...etc. He isn't used to that. People in South Bend bowed down to him. He literally was sitting on top of the world. Now he's one of the worst QB's on an NFL roster.

He was literally sitting on top the world? Or by literally you mean figuratively?

#19 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

he had one shot. it was his rookie year with awful coaches and no talent. his supporting cast gave zero craps. we gutted our team.

frustrating.

Nah, Fox's style was essentially to help weak QBs have success.

Clausen played in the NFL just like he did at Notre Dame. That wasnt Fox. Clausen made his OL look like poo and player scared at ND.....and never impressed. Only difference was his scared style didn't totally implode Notte Dame when they played West Coastal Texas Univserty Tech.

He doesn't appear to be the douche he was portrayed as however. I think the fact he is a good guy has kept him on this roster

#20 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

If Gil Brandt says this, then that speaks volumes.  He is forever liberal with the praise and short on unfettered criticism.

#21 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

He was literally sitting on top the world? Or by literally you mean figuratively?

literally worse than hitler

#22 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

When Jimmy was the starter he would frequently respond to tweets, so I don't know if I buy him being a jerk. He seemed pretty down to earth to me.

He had one shot and most of that was with two rookie wrs, a lame duck coach, and a gutted roster. Maybe he was going to suck anyway but he never had a chance.

#23 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Jimmy has been served a huge piece of humble pie and actually seems to have stomached it pretty well

#24 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Was just listening to late hits on NFL radio and a listener from Charlotte called in and asked if he thought Colby Cameron could beat out jimmy Clausen in training camp.

Gil's response was " Brian I don't know you and I don't know if you can throw a football but I'd take you over that quarterback from Norte Dame"..

haha As Ice Cube would say; Roofless! 

#25 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,345 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Pickles' career is the epitome of the perfect storm. He came to the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Is Pickles' case really about him not being able to play in the league, or not being given a real opportunity to play in the league?

One incomplete season with a staff that didn't give a poo may lend itself to jokes, but does not necessarily mean that it lends itself to reality. The Jimmy Clausen story began as a dream that turned into a nightmare during the start of his professional career due mainly to circumstance, but that doesn't mean that it will end as a horror. Perhaps it will end as a dream deferred.  

One thing about it: I think that Rivera and Gettelman will give Clausen an honest chance to make his case in Carolina. 

I'm certainly not going to listen to some national media type who probably doesn't know poo about the intricacies of the team. 

#26 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

fug it. He got us Cam.

#27 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

The jimmey has one redeeming quality. He serves a great brunch for meetings. That is it. Well actually, those brunches keep Cam's weight up during the season, so he is good for something.

#28 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,724 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's so funny the way Cam made us forget about Jimmy. I almost forgot he was on the team.

I will never forget 2010. The pain is etched in my mind forever. It was more painful than 2001. Weinke did a better job than Clausen and we were more competitve although we still sucked. Just in 2010 if we were behind by 3 points we were done. We never seemed to come back for a win.

#29 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

who is gil brandt? never heard of him. pickles does suck though. 

#30 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I would take a sock puppet over jimmy clausen at QB at this point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com