Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Not Guilty

458 posts in this topic

But "stalking" just sounds so much more aggressive and malicious.

Again, I am not saying that GZ was not guilty or guilty. I don't know.

Only that the lack of evidence in this case did not really allow for a guilty verdict. There were too many unknowns to eliminate reasonable doubt.

"It is absolutely true that none of it would have happened it GZ had not followed TM."

And, you know what? That's all that matters when it comes to a kid lying dead or being home with his family that day...

"It is absolutely true that none of it would have happened it GZ had not followed TM."

And, you know what? That's all that matters when it comes to a kid lying dead or being home with his family that day...

In a court of law that is NOT all that matters.

And none if it would have happened if TM had not gone to the store.

Under the law, following someone is not illegal and does not initiate the confrontation....it is pretty simple to understand.

You may not like the law, but it us still the law that has to he applied in this case.

1 person likes this

And as long as people continue to hide behind a seriously flawed judicial system where jurors fail to apply any common sense rather than expect everything to be explained and CSI-like scientifically verified, we will continue to live with the tragic results.

In court of law, perhaps. Problem is most people don't live in a court of law, they live in reality...and two should not be remotely considered together in the same context.

And as long as people continue to hide behind a seriously flawed judicial system where jurors fail to apply any common sense rather than expect everything to be explained and CSI-like scientifically verified, we will continue to live with the tragic results.

In court of law, perhaps. Problem is most people don't live in a court of law, they live in reality...and two should not be remotely considered together in the same context.

Jurors are tasked with applying the law. Not applying their opinion on what they think might have happened....which is what you are suggesting.

I am not advocating that GZ was innocent...don't know what was in his mind that night nor what actually happened between the initial confrontation and shooting.

1 person likes this

This guy sounds butthurt. The law is the law and it's up to the jurors to interpret evidence not opinion. The only opinions allowed as evidence are experts' testimonies. Hell, even the expert testimony corroborated Zimmerman's deposition, and that was the State's witness. 

1 person likes this

I mentioned nothing about opinions or ideas... I stated common sense- big difference.

The evidence in this case came from a single source- the many versions of the story as told by GZ. I don't believe anything beyond the first version of his story. Subsequent versions came only after he was able to coherently and carefully think about what he needed to have happen in order to cover his ass.

I think he instigated the tragic event and when he soon realized he bit off more than he could chew and got his butt whipped, he killed the kid and claimed self defense. As I said before, if the kid was alive today, he would be the one claiming self defense.

Sorry if you don't agree, but that's how I see it.

1 person likes this

I don't agree. The juror's involved in the case don't agree. The evidence and forensic science don't agree. The evidence pointed to one thing; Trayvon got what he deserved.