Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

100% incorrect.

It was a term meant to replace the term minority. Minority has more of a negative tone than person of color.

That's what I said.....are you struggling with reading today? 

#437 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,720 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

That's what I said.....are you struggling with reading today?

Apologies.

I generally respect your opinions, or most of them anyway, so sorry for including you in my earlier "know it all" statement. I still don't agree with you, but should have not lumped you in.

#438 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

I give up.

lol

#439 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

Yeah zod shutting down the box for a week would be wise.

We certainly wouldn't want to offend any white folks delicate sensibilities, better shut her down.

#440 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

lol no it is not. good lord.

Show me one group that labels themself "Colored people"

I can give you thousands of links where they label themselves "People of Color"

You aren't right on this one. Stop.

person of color is not considered derogatory. It's used more in formal settings. But in ordinary conversation it's too long a phrase to keep repeating so the word 'black' or 'asian' or 'spanish', etc. is use. Thank you!

#441 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

colored person is considered derogatory where i'm at in Georgia, person of color isn't as far as i know but i could be wrong but i don't take offense to anything really anymore.......play a couple years of Online Gaming with a headset then come talk to me about offensive

side note am i the only person who's biggest problem with the case is GZ's description of conversation that went down after he got off the phone with 911.....once again wasn't there but sounds like pure Bologna

#442 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,970 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

colored person is considered derogatory where i'm at in Georgia, person of color isn't as far as i know but i could be wrong but i don't take offense to anything really anymore.......play a couple years of Online Gaming with a headset then come talk to me about offensive

side note am i the only person who's biggest problem with the case is GZ's description of conversation that went down after he got off the phone with 911.....once again wasn't there but sounds like pure Bologna

I assume you're talking about what GZ said Trayvon said to him and back, ending with "you got me"?  Yes, that sounded totally made up and phony.

#443 The Graduate

The Graduate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

GZ would NOT have followed TM had he been white.  If you listen to GZ's statements, he believed TM was up to no good and he fit the profile of people that had been recently burglarizing the community... Those people were black.

Had those people been white, maybe GZ wouldn't have followed TM (unless TM was white, then maybe he would have?)

Does that make GZ a racist for sure?  I don't really know what was in the guy's head and heart, but I think his other statements STRONGLY suggest he was racially profiling that night and had already decided what TM's intentions were.

For your info,

Paraphrasing here, The dispatcher asked GZ if he was White, Black, Hispanic. GZ replied, I think he's Black. GZ did use the term F Punks and  azzholes, they always get away but that was not directed to TM specifically. It was a general comment made to the dispatcher. I would suggest this is where all the talk about profiling comes in.. 

At some point GZ loses sight of TM and says words to the effect, "I don't know where the kid is"

There was nothing that came out at the trial that would suggest GZ was a racist. As far as I know, an FBI investigation came to the same conclusion.

GZ did a lot of stupid things that are not against the law. That changes when somebody ends up dead. I think the prosecutor could have done a better job is showing that GZ was reckless and careless which resulted in the death of Trayvon. They knew the defense was going to be self defense but did not come up with an adequate alternative.to deal with that issue.

I'm not sure if they brought somebody in from the National Neighborhood Watch Program or not. I don't believe they did. This person could of given testimony as to what a Watch Person should do and what GZ did. That would have shown that GZ was reckless and careless.

They could have brought in an expert (psychologist) to describe how a young black teenager would feel going through a strange neighborhood at night and in the rain. I'm sure there a many posters on this forum that could say what that would be like just through their own experience..

I don't know as I'm not a lawyer. All I'm saying is the optics, evidence and testimony of the case they put on as opposed to the defense favor the defense.. 

.    .

#444 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,720 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

I assume you're talking about what GZ said Trayvon said to him and back, ending with "you got me"?  Yes, that sounded totally made up and phony.

Sounded like a Roy Rogers western or something

#445 The Graduate

The Graduate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Nobody will ever know for sure but it is possible. The pathologist testified that TM could have full function for up to 10 to 15 seconds after being shot. The reason for this he said is that the brain has a store of oxygen that would allow the brain to function for that long. It is the brain and not the heart that controls body function/ movement

#446 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Here is the fundamental issue with deciding what nomenclature is non offensive when describing people in the United States from African decent; the preference varies. In elementary school, my bus driver corrected a child when they described someone as black. She pointed to a black object and said that was black, she is colored. A couple of my friends in high school loathed the term African American, because they were from America, not Africa.  My current boss is indifferent towards all of these labels, except the n word. He focuses more on being defined as a person than being defined by his race. Hell for an experiment, what I would like to see what race people on the huddle would like to be described as.

#447 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Black irish

#448 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Swag American....................... you really believe "you got me" was TM last words, i mean we obvious will never know but it's hard to believe that part along with TM emerging as soon as GZ get's off the phone to start a fight this is pure speculation but i think there was something said or done to provoke TM which isn't against the law but it also wouldn't make GZ look like a victim in all of this...................and if kids were the ones who originally broke in house why would you be packing a piece, taser or mase would do the trick. i do hate they made this a race thing because it overshadows kids everyday like TM being killed no matter there race

#449 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,273 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

We certainly wouldn't want to offend any white folks delicate sensibilities, better shut her down.

You are one bitter misinformed fellow. And stop with the white guys offendez stuff. Yeah I know you are white.

Shut it down for people to reboot a little. You are trying way to hard to appear you get it.

Now bake me a rhubarb pie please.

#450 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

You are one bitter misinformed fellow. And stop with the white guys offendez stuff. Yeah I know you are white.

Shut it down for people to reboot a little. You are trying way to hard to appear you get it.

Now bake me a rhubarb pie please.

Ah yes someone disagrees with you, commence the character attack. Great job pstall.

Ignoring the issues by covering your ears and closing your eyes won't make it go away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com