Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Cam still a Falcon fan

Best Answer teeray, 15 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Why would he be a Panther's fan?  A large portion of the fanbase call him "Scam" Newton and criticize everything he says and does (see:  this thread), and the local media drills him over a routine autograph session and prints hello kitty cartoons degrading him.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#76 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,564 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Had Cam said he was a Steeler, Cowboy, or Skins fan, then I'd have to question our awesome QB.

#77 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Actually, that's not remotely comparable. Sports are a fraternity; players openly admire other players and with the mercenary nature of contracts and player movement it's not logical to have personal agendas regarding team affiliations. Even franchises that are intense rivals off the field will still employ friendly gestures off the field (like the outpouring of support for Boston-area teams after the marathon tragedy.) Players simply don't feel the way that fans do about teams, because they aren't fans who watch the games for entertainment, they're players working to support their families.

Tom Brady has talked often about his love for his childhood 49ers, and Aaron Rodgers desperately wanted to go to San Francisco as well.

I don't think Smitty "employs friendly gestures off the field" towards the Saints.

#78 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,954 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

Had Cam said he was a Steeler, Cowboy, or Skins fan, then I'd have to question our awesome QB.

Right now I question whether it was best to say it, purely because of how the media will spin it.. but if that were the case, I'd probably want to cut him. Lol (not)

#79 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

9A1505D9-65C8-46CA-9D4A-5B3CA99F6D35-749

#80 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,564 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Maybe somebody should tweet Cam the link to the thread that shows our uni's kicking the poo out of Atlanta's uni's. How bout them apples.

#81 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

I don't think Smitty "employs friendly gestures off the field" towards the Saints.

Actually, he has been very supportive of Steve Gleason and his fight with ALS. Some things are bigger than rivalries.

#82 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,954 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

It comes down to my hatred of the falcons and the media. Not what he actually said or that he said it.

#83 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,564 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Actually, he has been very supportive of Steve Gleason and his fight with ASL. Some things are bigger than rivalries.

I'm just gonna get this off my chest here. If I see a car broken down on the side of the road and they have a sticker on the car in support of the Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Eagles, Bucs etc., their ass is getting passed on by. I will honk and extend my middle finger.

Phew, feels good to get that off my chest.

#84 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

I could care less, he plays his heart out against the falcons, just because he is a *fan* doesn't mean he is giving his all to the Panthers.

#85 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'm just gonna get this off my chest here. If I see a car broken down on the side of the road and they have a sticker on the car in support of the Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Eagles, Bucs etc., their ass is getting passed on by. I will honk and extend my middle finger.

Phew, feels good to get that off my chest.

LOL, I think broken down cars are a little less life-threatening than what Gleason is dealing with,  though. But I understand the sentiment.

#86 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

He will come around eventually. Just wait till he takes this team to the super bowl.

#87 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,513 posts

Actually, he has been very supportive of Steve Gleason and his fight with ASL. Some things are bigger than rivalries.

That's completely different. Steve doesn't like the Saints AT ALL.

#88 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Why would he be a Panther's fan?  A large portion of the fanbase call him "Scam" Newton and criticize everything he says and does (see:  this thread), and the local media drills him over a routine autograph session and prints hello kitty cartoons degrading him.

I agree 100%. Teeray straight dropping knowledge on these youngstas.

#89 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,533 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

That'd be ALS dude.

Gleason was fighting amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, not Age/Sex/Location ;)

#90 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,576 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

I know you can be erratic at times with your posts, but I really hope this is extreme sarcasm.

Erratic? *LOL*

I am not being sarcastic at all.  Do you not agree that some things are left better unsaid? Or, do you think that real life is like a message board, where people can (and do) pretty much say anything they please with little consequence?

What does it profit Cam at this particular point in time to admit that he's a Falcons fan, especially as the Panthers QB? Really, Red, what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com