Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roy Williams issues statement regarding PJ Hairston

35 posts in this topic

Posted

No doubt, there are a lot of people that aren't doing there job. Either Bubba Cunninham needs to come in and clean house or he needs to get the NCAA to come in and do it for him.

It all starts with academics though. Most college athletes don't/won't/can't go pro so if you are pushing them along with an African Studies major then you are only hurting them in the long run.

The goal needs to be to find the corrupt individuals and remove them, then hire qualified individuals to replace them. Think of it as a football coach. You're not going to hire a high school football coach to be a head coach at a college, so don't go hiring high school "yes-man" teachers and academic officers to do the job that only a qualified person should be doing.

To be fair to Coach Williams and his basketball program, the NCAA needs to come in and clean up that mess (if they wait too long they will be affecting players that had nothing to do with the ordeal), then focus on the academic side of ordeal.

Exactly, it's become a cesspool up there with their BS investigations into themselves. 

"Boxill told the N&O that some faculty executive committee members said the sentence amounted to hearsay because the authors had not interviewed the athletes. But by then, Chancellor Holden Thorp had told trustees in a letter that academic support staff had helped football players enroll in a no-show class Nyang’oro had created days before the start of a summer 2011 semester. No other students were enrolled."

What the hell kind of investigation into academic/athletic fraud doesn't interview the athletes who were allegedly involved?

Posted

They made the right choice in getting rid of Thorp, now it's time to get rid of his puppets.

Posted

That's ridiculous....definitely a thug.  But your post said there were other players posing videos of themselves in cars.  Post some of those....we already know about PJ's dumba$$

Posted

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/20/3044746/unc-faculty-leader-pushed-rewrite.html

Well they didn't self report and now this, so I don't think it's too far fetched.

I know how much you're praying that Roy is involved in this and part of a cover up, but you're reaching with your assumptions.  You're also going to need a better source than the N&O - all they do is publish articles filled with UNC hate with skewed facts.  

Posted

Not to mention that fact PJ got a speeding ticket in a rental before all this other stuff happened. 

The DMV doesn't report to Roy.  Roy doesn't pay PJ's insurance (although someone else probably does).  Roy doesn't see the mail going to PJ's house.  Why do you keep saying that Roy should have definitely known that PJ got a speeding ticket?  It's not that hard to hide from him.....  Be real...

Posted

That's ridiculous....definitely a thug.  But your post said there were other players posing videos of themselves in cars.  Post some of those....we already know about PJ's dumba$$

Go to the PJ arrested thread and look for yourself.  

Posted

I know how much you're praying that Roy is involved in this and part of a cover up, but you're reaching with your assumptions.  You're also going to need a better source than the N&O - all they do is publish articles filled with UNC hate with skewed facts.  

I am not praying at all that roy is involved, I just want the people involved punished for all the cheating and lying.  Anyone who has a degree from a NC school should be furious at the way the "flagship" has handled all of this, it's embarrassing.  If the N&O really did publish articles filled with untruths the unc lawyers would be all over them so I don't think you have a leg to stand on there.

Posted

The DMV doesn't report to Roy.  Roy doesn't pay PJ's insurance (although someone else probably does).  Roy doesn't see the mail going to PJ's house.  Why do you keep saying that Roy should have definitely known that PJ got a speeding ticket?  It's not that hard to hide from him.....  Be real...

Because it's roy's job and the job of the other people on the basketball staff to be aware of what is going on with your players and if they are getting in trouble.  If he didn't tell roy he got a ticket in a rental than that would be another thing PJ screwed up on.  Look I know you can't monitor everything but you have a school that's on probation and are supposed to be monitoring players better, especially their social media (remember Marvin Austin) and that obviously didn't happen.  It makes it look like either unc doesn't care or they just feel they can cover it up and keep on going and that's sad.  

Tony Barbee on dismissing Shaq Johnson after his mj arrest:

Barbee: "We hold our student-athletes to a high standard at Auburn University in the way they conduct themselves off the court. I am very disappointed in Shaq's choices and actions, and they won't be tolerated. This decision is not one that I take lightly, but it is in the best interest of the program and student-athlete."

OSU suspends star running back after arrest for assault charge.

Are Auburn and OSU really better at handling their players?

Posted

Kareem Martin and Bryn Renner, UNC’s player representatives at ACC Kickoff, made it clear Sunday that they are not members of the Haydn (Fats) Thomas party scene.

“You’re always told to keep good company and stay away from guys who are doing the wrong thing,” said Martin, a junior defensive end from Roanoke Rapids. “Guys on the team just stay away from any trouble like that.”

Meanwhile his pictures tell a different story, maybe he forgot he went to Fat's party and he forgot  who Fat's is.

post-972-0-99919200-1374584497_thumb.jpg

Posted

I don't see Renner in that picture lol.

I also don't see anything wrong with them partying as long as they aren't breaking any rules.

When they start breaking rules is when problems start occurring.

I.E. Hairston

Posted

I don't see Renner in that picture lol.

I also don't see anything wrong with them partying as long as they aren't breaking any rules.

When they start breaking rules is when problems start occurring.

I.E. Hairston

I don't either but the problem is lying, Martin said he was not a member of Fats' party scene and that is a flat out lie.  He has multiple pics on his facebook page at Fats' parties.  The common theme here is lying, from the top on down and that's awful.  My wife went to unc and is disgusted by this, now I know many unc fans on here didn't actually go to unc so they don't really care about academics of the school they only care how many basketball games they win this year but for people that actually went to unc and got a degree it's upsetting.  It's time to clean this $h!t up instead of sweeping it under the rug or trying to fool the NCAA.