#46 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

the fellas over at BringBacktheBuzz tweeted that Stern said that Charlotte was tops in the league in season tickets sales this offseason...any link to confirm this? 

#47 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,958 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

the fellas over at BringBacktheBuzz tweeted that Stern said that Charlotte was tops in the league in season tickets sales this offseason...any link to confirm this?

There was an article that we had sold over $1 million dollars in ticket sales within 24 hours of the name change.

Most say that it isn't that much, but when you are selling season tickets as low as $2 per seat. I would say that it's quite an accomplishment.

#48 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

The STH event at Bubble was pretty good. I polished off quite a few free beers in the hour. I was outside on the balcony for a while. When I opened the door to go inside I literally hit Kendall Gill with the door. KG looks like he's in his 20s and could probably be one of our top three shooters if he played today. Kelly Tripuka was pretty grey, but was in good shape. Muggys took pictures with people the whole time. He was definitely the crowd's favorite. Rex looked like he should be working on computers. I toasted him to what I called the most underrated dunk contest performance in history. Does anyone remember his dunks? They were different than what everyone else was doing at that time and he didn't get any love from the judges.

All the guys were very gracious and everyone loved seeing them.

I took pictures with all the guys. I wasn't going to post them unless someone wants to see them.

#49 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

The STH event at Bubble was pretty good. I polished off quite a few free beers in the hour. I was outside on the balcony for a while. When I opened the door to go inside I literally hit Kendall Gill with the door. KG looks like he's in his 20s and could probably be one of our top three shooters if he played today. Kelly Tripuka was pretty grey, but was in good shape. Muggys took pictures with people the whole time. He was definitely the crowd's favorite. Rex looked like he should be working on computers. I toasted him to what I called the most underrated dunk contest performance in history. Does anyone remember his dunks? They were different than what everyone else was doing at that time and he didn't get any love from the judges.

All the guys were very gracious and everyone loved seeing them.

I took pictures with all the guys. I wasn't going to post them unless someone wants to see them.

Definitely post the pics. Sounds like a good time.

#50 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Just had to share a couple Tripucka pics...

The first one is the Starting Lineup figure he signed for me, and the second one is the man himself.  Last night couldn't have been any more amazing.  All the players were super affable (I asked Dell if Seth was coming to training camp: "Maybe...it's looking good!"; I chatted for a solid minute about the Dee Brown block in '93 with Kendall...amazing stuff).  And yeah.  KELLY FRIGGIN' TRIPUCKA.  

Magical.

Attached File  IMG_5199.JPG   197.48KB   20 downloadsAttached File  1002325_10100894789017797_1226819409_n.jpg   120.37KB   24 downloads

#51 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Here ya go....sorry the camera work isn't the best. 

Attached Files

#52 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,958 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Welcome back John, long time no see.

#53 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

And then there is this asshole who takes a picture 5 hours before the event and sends it to deadspin to mock (although a couple of the number things made me snicker).

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

#54 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

And then there is this asshole who takes a picture 5 hours before the event and sends it to deadspin to mock (although a couple of the number things made me snicker).

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

Yeah, that was pretty lame of them to put up.  You mean the place isn't packed out at noon on a Thursday before ANYTHING is scheduled to happen?!?!  You don't say!

I saw the Bring Back The Buzz Twitter kept sending Deadspin pictures of the packed crowd throughout the night, but I don't think Deadspin ever used any of them.

#55 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm wondering if that was Ben Swanson from Rufus On Fire that sent the pic to deadspin, lol...

#56 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Strike that, I'm pretty sure it was Bob Johnson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users