Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Richardson's son is dead

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

God forbid I outlive my own son. :(

RIP Jon Richardson and condolences to the Richardson family.

Posted · Report post

Thoughts are with the Richardson family. By the way, am I the only panther fan that is offended that NFL Network nor ESPN has even brought it up but any other tragic event (I.e Robert Kraft's wife died, Andy Reid's son overdosed) gets full blown coverage... I think it is kind of a slap in the face to Mr. Richardson considering his position in the league.

Posted · Report post

Just to be clear Mark Richardson was our former President and Jon had a similar title but was in charge of Stadium Operations.

With that said I am very sad to hear this. Jon was always considered the "Blue Collar" Richardson that worked his tail off and preferred jeans to a suit. I am very sad for Mr. Richardson and I hope he can endure.

The Panthers have plenty of people that can take care of business with training camp looming. I just hope the Cat gets some time with his family.

Posted · Report post

Thoughts are with the Richardson family. By the way, am I the only panther fan that is offended that NFL Network nor ESPN has even brought it up but any other tragic event (I.e Robert Kraft's wife died, Andy Reid's son overdosed) gets full blown coverage... I think it is kind of a slap in the face to Mr. Richardson considering his position in the league.

Yeah but to be honest Jerry doesn't like making his family public anyways.

Posted · Report post

Not a religious man, but I'm hoping Jon Richardson's soul is at rest. My sympathies go out to the Richardson family. No father should outlive his son.

Posted · Report post

Sad day for the franchise. My condolences to the Richardson family.

Hopefully we can do some sort of tribute to him for the upcoming season.

Posted · Report post

My prayers go out to the Richardson family...

Posted · Report post

It's sad that a tragedy like this is what it takes to get posts regarding Mr. Richardson that are not full of ridicule or disdain. Granted, many of "us" are not like that, but many more are and as this sinks in we should all remember that all the money in the world doesn't make you any less human and it does not ease the pain when the life of a loved one ends.
I do not personally know Mr. Richardson, but I am truly sorry for his loss. It is a sad day in Panthernation.

Posted · Report post

R.I.P

Posted · Report post

So sad to hear this.  My full condolences and sympathies to the Richardson family and the entire Panther organization.

RIP, Jon. 

Cancer bit us again.  Damn.

KEEP POUNDING

Posted · Report post

Story courtesy of our old friend, Brett Borden...

A few years back when Jon was still president of stadium operations, the team - for whatever reason - wasn't able to give out their usual Christmas bonuses.

Jon reportedly called all of his direct employees in and gave each one a hundred dollars out of his own pocket. Even apologized that he couldn't give more.

That's the kind of boss I think anyone would want to work for.