Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Football Outsiders Predicts Great Things for Carolina

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Spot on.  If we get off to a slow start, Rivera is gone and it won't be a minute too soon.

3 people like this

Posted

Lester was awful his senior year and bombed at Senior Bowl week. Inconsistency and a bad 40 time had very little to do with it.

Posted

Nice to hear from someone that does not think we will win 5 or 6 games.

Posted

Quality analysis, and I completely agree.

I think some have forgotten just how dreadful Rivera has been at in game decision making.

Posted

oh sh-t, Rivera is pissed now

jAdsaZC.gif

3 people like this

Posted

Agreed on all accounts ! We gotta squad here in da QC but Rivera could easily fug it all up.  He's yet to earn my trust

1 person likes this

Posted

Quality analysis, and I completely agree.

I think some have forgotten just how dreadful Rivera has been at in game decision making.

Exactly.

Posted

Ron must have made a hell of a pitch to stay on board, being that Jerry never wanted him originally.

Posted

I saw Rivera getting better late last year. He was willing to go for it on more fourth downs. However, I am hoping he does not over-compensate with the gutsy calls. Also, if we start out slow, his azz best be gone. No point in losing when it matters and winning when it does not!

Posted

At this point I'd rather him be gutsy and go for the jugular even if we fail, versus being a pussy and laying down. Like wasting 3 timeouts and 2 minutes with the ball before halftime and not even getting a field goal.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think that Rivera is a very good coach, he's just an awful, AWFUL, game manager. 

For all the advanced statistical studies we’ve completed, it’s still impossible to separate the performance of a coach from that of his players. After all, in games decided by more than eight points, Rivera’s Panthers are 7-6. Those successes speak more to what Rivera is able to do developing players in practice, either during training camp or between games in the season. The close games reflect Rivera’s weaknesses as a gameday coach.

And yes, I agree.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like Rivera but I've been worried that he's holding this team back for a while now...