54 replies to this topic

#46 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think that Rivera is a very good coach, he's just an awful, AWFUL, game manager. 

Hopefully he has studied film of some of the great coaching game time decisions and will have learned from them.  On the other hand maybe its something inate and cant be learned. 

I guess well find out soon enough now.

#47 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

It all comes down to putting our big time players in the best postion to make plays and win games! I feel earlier in the year we lost more games due to Chud's offensive play calling aka beating a dead horse out of the shotgun then anything. Im not completely sold on rivera yet but i do like how the players rallied behind him last year! Im excited to get this season underway let D-Will and Stew do what theyre paid for and chew up yards!!!

#48 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Obviously FO doesn't read the Huddle or they would know that Rivera has finally learned from all his mistakes, and is now ready to join the ranks of all-time great coaches.

#49 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Every time I start getting optimistic about next season, I remember Shula.

Was about to say the same thing.

#50 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

I was among those who did not believe Rivera should be retained after last year.  I hope I am wrong. My guess is that he and Gettleman have watched a lot of film together. Gettleman could prove to be a good mentor. I think RR is teachable.

Playoffs....the first goal.

#51 Jump Zone

Jump Zone

Formerly FelineFANatic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Unless we can say after the season that we have won, Rivera is done. It is time to just win baby...

#52 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,519 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

You're forgetting about a little thing called a contract. Richardson wasn't going to pay 2 years for nothing.

if an owner don't want the coach, they'll move on regardless of the contract. Rivera's contract is small.

#53 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,632 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

On another bright note, they have the Falcons dropping to a sub .500 team this year.

Huh? No way.

#54 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,306 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

their offense will be potent enough to win them 8 games just by itself. unless we sweep them i don't see the falcons winning less than 10 games

#55 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hopefully we get off to a good start then get better... I think it bodes well for us havin most of the divisional games at the end of the season, where we have been solid under Chico. I smell playoff implications....

This is absolutely Rivera's litmus, 3rd year is time to get it done for him & Cam both. No more lockout/rookie/inexperienced excuses. Make it happen. Ron has traditionally done very well as a DC, HC skills are still undetermined~knock on wood~. Shula is taking a very good playbook and simplifying it, makin it easier on all the O. No reason we aren't playin come January... February would be nothing short of stellar, I'm glad to witness the attempt....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.