Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

More Cam talk on NFL Network

Gucci Mane    1,684

We all knew the media was going to go ape sh*t over this... Its the offseason and they need to spin anything controversial they can to get ratings and such. Look at the zimmerman trial [dont get political], how many shootings happen in america every fuggin hour, yet they pick this one because its a [not-so] white vs black thing and they know dumb idiots will get sucked into it.

same thing in the sports world, anything that has people gossiping and discussing/arguing = ratings= $$$$$$$$$$$$$

tiger7_88    13,856

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/16/larry-fitzgerald-confessed-to-being-a-vikings-fan/

First we had Colin Kaepernick wearing a Dolphins hat. Then we had Cam Newton admitting he still likes the Falcons, when he’s not playing against them.

Now the Cardinals’ website has reminded us that receiver Larry Fitzgerald still thinks of himself as a Vikings fan.

I grew up a Vikings fan and I would be lying to you if I didn’t say I was still a Vikings fan,” Fitzgerald said. “Growing up in Minnesota it’s second nature. I still pull for them when I’m not playing them.

Uh oh... now big fat Warren gonna call out Fitzgerald now, right?

Right?

SIGCHI222    7,057

How Warren Sapp still has a job is beyond me. I can't stand that fat boy.

He gives daily head to over 120 NFLNET executives a day....................a DAY!

I read it on the interwebs, you know it's the truth.

That and he is a smelly, worthless POS that only spouts the opinion his handlers give him.

YOLO!    93

Hey look another Cam Newton overreaction thread, you don't see those everyday on the Huddle. SMDH!

CarolinaAllDay    172

If i ever were to get drafted, reguardless of my team id still have panther pride. You dont just go from being a diehard fan to nothing overnight (unless your a giants or patriots fan, then you choose by whos record is higher)

MadHatter    9,513

Cam didn't say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer. I don't remember Bradshaw and Rodgers getting grilled for announcing their allegiances.

Of course he did not say anything wrong. However, it was not a real smart thing to say. He should have known that the media and even many fans would have an issue with him saying he was a fan of a div rival. He has to learn when not to say these things....even if he is a fan of his childhood team.

He needs to learn to identify the times where saying nothing is the best course if action.

TheRumGone    14,355

Seriously, anyone who says we don't have the most scrutinized QB in the NFL is lying their ass off. RG3 gets busted for cheating on his wedding day and not a single peep from NFL Network and ESPN. Cam, however, admits he's still a Falcon fan (no-brainer since he's from Atlanta) and it's big news involving panels discussing how Newton fudged up.

confused.gif

wait, whaaaaat?

chef17    105

Why should he care what the media says? Some of you act like what people say about him actually matters

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TKRBrownstone