Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

More Cam talk on NFL Network

110 posts in this topic

/facepalm

Bowman defends Kaep (for a fashion statement) but pours it on Cam?

Seems legit.

I don't care either way....however looking at it at face value II would have to agree that doing something as a fashion statement, however lame, is not as bad as being a fan of the team that is the biggest rival of the team you are a leader of. If it was anybody but Newton saying such a thing everyone here would jump all over it. That's a fact.....you saw it with Ryan having a Kuechly Jersey.

I don't care either way....however looking at it at face value II would have to agree that doing something as a fashion statement, however lame, is not as bad as being a fan of the team that is the biggest rival of the team you are a leader of. If it was anybody but Newton saying such a thing everyone here would jump all over it. That's a fact.....you saw it with Ryan having a Kuechly Jersey.

It's only a big deal because The Panthers drafted Newton. Had Cam been selected by a different organization, this wouldn't be an issue. Regardless, fans should grow the F up. Could he have given a politically correct answer? Sure, but I prefer Cam be honest rather than be like RG3 (offer a fake smile after pandering to the media and fans).

isnt lebron considered the best player in the NBA?

But he wasn't always. 

And if you can't see the/any parallel's being drawn between Cam and Lebron, then I don't know if I should say anymore.  

Shrugs.

cam is a huge guy with really good straight line speed, but "some of the rarest and freakiest athleticism" might be a bit of an overstatement. athleticism, and potential dont equal greatness, thats for sure, and i dont know if you can compare cam's headgear to lebrons.

You never seen Cam's ability to evade tackler's on the run (think, jukes, fakes, great visions and patience); Shrug off a pass rush, by standing strong in the pocket with his legs, then unleashing some crazy mustard gas pass across the field, right into the receivers hands into a tight window?

If Cam Newton, is not the closest thing in the NFL to Lebron James, I don't know who/what is (especially at the position of Quarterback). 

cam is a huge guy with really good straight line speed, but "some of the rarest and freakiest athleticism" might be a bit of an overstatement. athleticism, and potential dont equal greatness, thats for sure, and i dont know if you can compare cam's headgear to lebrons.

"straightline speed"...dude you seriously need to watch some highlight reels (college or pro).  Dude can cut on a dime...at speed and he is most definitely a freak....

This would be a good place to start;  

1 person likes this

people laughed at bo jacksons comparisons for Cam. he was more right than wrong.

3 people like this

Yep, Cam might not precisely be Bo, but you would struggle greatly to find another player with that type of athleticism at 6'6 ft 250 lbs as a QB. I'll save you the trouble -- there's no one out there at the moment.

2 people like this

Yep, Cam might not precisely be Bo, but you would struggle greatly to find another player with that type of athleticism at 6'6 ft 250 lbs as a QB. I'll save you the trouble -- there's no one out there at the moment.

well that is the thing. and that is what bo was pointing to

its like if you mixed dan marino/elway with michael vick with bo jackson.  Doesn't mean he is all of those things at full strength. He is just a mixture of all of those attributes. And he has proved that through two seasons that he is the most athletic player in the nfl.

1 person likes this

Newton has more than just straightline speed. He wouldnt be labeled the NFL's escape artist for nothing. Name me a QB that can do what Cam does (bulldoze AND evade LBs and DBs; along with possessing a top five cannon). It's not an overstatement. Newton does have rare and freaky athleticism.

nimbleness in the pocket is one of a qb's greatest assets, cam flashes once in a while with a great escape, but i always thought he was a little too big for his own good to be great at that, he seems to have trouble getting out of his own way a lot of times under pressure. the kid with the colts is the best there is at working in a crowded pocket. ive always said cam would make a great tight end. he is great in open space and has the perfect size for the position. we've seen a lot of gifted atheletes at the qb position, and most fail, or at least are not among the best at the position during their time. there is just so much more to the position than "freaky athleticism".

people laughed at bo jacksons comparisons for Cam. he was more right than wrong.

That's right I remember that. Ya boi Warren Sapp was laughing his fat ass off.