10 replies to this topic

#1 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm planning a trip to go to San Francisco and obviously planned it in November when the Panthers will be playing. Can anyone provide any feedback on best seating in the stadium? I would like to find tickets behind the visitor bench, but I'm not sure if I'll find them. Any ideas on seats and also if there are good places to get them?

Also, for those of you that live there or have been there, what restaurants would you recommend? Must see places? This will be my first time there, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the help.

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,152 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

first of all. WHERE have you been man?

secondly. yahoo has a cool thing with i think its called seat geek. one sec...

http://seatgeek.com/...giants-tickets/

it gives you best deals and the view from the seat BEFORE you buy.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,894 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'm planning a trip to go to San Francisco and obviously planned it in November when the Panthers will be playing. Can anyone provide any feedback on best seating in the stadium? I would like to find tickets behind the visitor bench, but I'm not sure if I'll find them. Any ideas on seats and also if there are good places to get them?

Also, for those of you that live there or have been there, what restaurants would you recommend? Must see places? This will be my first time there, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the help.

PM Montsta, he lives out there and will be going to the game.

#4 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,429 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

First: Dress like it's snowing in Carolina, because it gets cold as hell when the wind blows off the bay in Hunter's Point.

Second: The Marina District has some great little hole-in-the-wall restaurants; keep in mind that the stadium is only 12 miles from the waterfront in SF, but it'll take half an hour to drive it.

We spent a week in Napa last year and a couple days at the end of the trip in SF- my first trip there in about 30 years. We stayed at a place called the Chelsea Motor Lodge in the middle of the Marina District, within walking distance to some great eateries.

Enjoy it all you can! One of my favorite cities in the entire country.

#5 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

PStall, I've definitely been MIA on here. New girlfriend, new adventures, loving life. A trip like this would have seemed unreachable without her. Anyway, thanks for the website and we need to play some ball soon.

Anybodyhome, I really didn't think about the coldness of the wind/water. Regardless, it should be awesome. Everyone says they don't want to leave. Plus, I've never been to an away game before, so it should be a cool experience on Sunday.

#6 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

I bought a Columbia shell that works great against the wind and it was very light and packed well for our Napa trip. Best purchase I made as I used it on a 6AM sunrise hot air balloon ride over Napa and our trip along the northern CA coast. 

"Hot" in San Francisco is anything over 75. It stays very mild there and cools significantly the closer you get to the water. You can go inland 30 minutes and it's over 90, get into the city and it's easily 15-20 degrees cooler.

#7 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

If you have a couple of bucks and like steak, check out Harris'

http://www.harrisrestaurant.com/

Lived in Monterey for a couple of years and never actually made it to a 49ers game but did go to a giants game. It's the type of city you can just start walking and find cool stuff.

#8 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Love San Francisco. House of Nan King, in Chinatown. 

#9 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

If you like beer I highly recommend 21st Amendment.

#10 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'll be giving a talk in San Fran in the middle of October...it'll still be relatively mild I take it?

#11 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

I'll be giving a talk in San Fran in the middle of October...it'll still be relatively mild I take it?

Believe it or not, the highest average temps of the year in SF are September and October, although they are 70/55 and 69/54. But, as I said, the closer to the water, the cooler it is.

There's a reason the America's Cup is being raced in SF- the wind always blows there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com