#1 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

http://nfl.si.com/20...13_a6&eref=sihp

Still claims Atlanta will win the division but thinks NO can challenge them.  Calls us the Carolina Jekylls and Hydes saying if Cam can hit his stride early and the secondary holds its own we can be in the thick of things.  I thought it was an accurate preview of the Panthers.  But as it is with everything at this time of the year, it really doesn't matter what they write.

#2 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

If Cam hits his stride early and the secondary holds then I'd wager we'd be more than just in the thick of things...

#3 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Agreed

#4 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hmm says linebacker may be a weak point but Josh Norman is listed as the "breakout" player.  OK sure.

Where they got worse: Outside linebacker.

#5 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

I dont want to jump ahead of anything but I believe our defense is superior to New Orleans' and Atlanta's. On top of everything, we swept the Taints and nearly shocked the Dirty Pigeons.

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Truth be told, we should have swept every damn team in the NFC South last season. 

#7 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

With the exception of the first TB game, we dominated every other game against our division.

#8 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

With the exception of the first TB game, we dominated every other game against our division.

Right.  And as bad as that first TB game was, we still had a great shot to win at the end.

#9 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Well the guy who wrote column actually does his homework and does the "audible" series every week where he breaks down film, so his overall analysis is credible.

Just like any year it looks like the division could go to anyone.

#10 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

That Week 11 loss against The Bucs hurt so much. We had that game in the basket, and then our offense went on vacation and our defense gassed. Words could not describe how pissed off I was after that game.

#11 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,076 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

This was obviously written before they knew we were in the semifinal for best uniform ever.

That being said, I'm still on the 6-8 win bandwagon until Rivera and Shula prove they can coach on Sunday's. Our talent is good enough to win if put in position to do so.

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

That Week 11 loss against The Bucs hurt so much. We had that game in the basket, and then our offense went on vacation and our defense gassed. Words could not describe how pissed off I was after that game.

I was at that game with a group of friends.  It was such an unbelievable collapse I could only laugh. 

#13 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Saying we could be in the thick of it in the toughest division in the nfl with a team that went 13-3 is a compliment.

#14 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

I was at that game with a group of friends. It was such an unbelievable collapse I could only laugh.

Ouch. I couldn't imagine attending a collapse like that. It was painful enough to watch it at the bar with a bunch of Buc fans. What else could you do? I laughed too.

#15 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Everyones says the same damn thing- "Atlanta has the division but NO can challenge because they have Payton coming back". Doesn't everyone get sick of writing the same damn blabber?

We can ignore the fact that Atlanta's pass rush is bad and the defense as a whole is suspect. And we can ALSO ignore the fact that the Saints had the worst statistic season as a defense, ever. The Saints are getting a head coach back, sure, but they're switching they're switching their base defense as well and I don't think they have the pieces to do so.

I wouldn't be surprised if us and Tampa were 1 and 2 in the division next season, it isn't all that far fetched, yet EVERY writer takes the safe, pu**y route and goes with "Atlanta , then NO because of Payton yet if everything in the world goes right with the other two teams, they can compete." Grow some balls writers. Damn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.