Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats To Start Re-Brand Immediately

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No purple and teal, no peace!

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Just take a note from New Orleans...

Don't try any funny sh*t...

I remember going to a Bobcats/New Orleans game and they literally had done so many alterations on the jersey it looked like Barney threw up.

It was purple on the front, green on the back, and accented in gold... Literally the ugliest jersey I've ever seen.

It wouldn't hurt to update the numbers and lettering, but the original design needs to be the same in order to keep everyone happy.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

would like to see a queen city alt jersey. i wonder if the hornets will ever wear throwback bobcats jerseys, or bury the bobcats name and pretend that abomination never existed, lol

Posted · Report post

My guess is they will bury the name.

It seems as though they want to distance themselves as far away from the name as possible.

I still think we'll wear the Cougar jersey's once a season.

Posted · Report post

No more Bobcats period. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If they want to do any changes, keep the original color scheme, but put more emphasis on the purple

Nothing really changes, but it will look fresh with the different color focus

Posted · Report post

This is tremendously exciting.  I remember going to the Hive as a kid to watch those guys who were in attendance yesterday (Tripuca, Bogues, Curry) and that place was always rocking.  A lot of great memories there.  My credit card is going to take a beating once the official merch is released.  Oh well...it'll be worth it.

Also, FWIW, this is an awesome Hornets forum.  I usually just hang out in the Panthers section, but this place is tight.  Love the pinstriped background.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Well done video by our friends at bring back the buzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsoKmkj2kBQ

Congrats guys, it's been a long time coming but they're finally home.  Even though I'm a Lakers fan first and foremost I remember going to the Hive with my dad in the 90's, and how kick ass that place was.  There was an energy and excitement in the building that I haven't experienced at many arenas.  Exciting time to be a Charlotte NBA fan.  Will definitely be going to the first game back as the Hornets, and many others in the future....

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I remember my first ever Hornets game, we just moved to Charlotte-- 1995 Hornets vs. Warriors. I've been a fan ever since!

Posted · Report post

I still just want a team that wins.

Posted · Report post

I still think they'll end up using the colors from the Buzz city logo and a bunch of people will be pissed off about it.  They've shown the colors in the splash page and website for Buzz City. A darker blue, the a shade light of teal blue "Buzz city logo" and the really dark purple from the Buzz city splash. Add in silver accents just like the Jacket they are giving with the season ticket purchases and it's a mix of the Bobcats colors and the old hornets colors.