Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats To Start Re-Brand Immediately

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Less purple, more teal.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's stupid to go away from the the teal. It will piss off a lot of people, especially if they go with anything close to Carolina blue, 

Posted

I remember my first ever Hornets game, we just moved to Charlotte-- 1995 Hornets vs. Warriors. I've been a fan ever since!

Was that the Chris Webber just got traded for Tom Gugliotta game?

Bc that was my first Hornet game!

Hornets Won..I went bc I loved Golden State and the Hornets and Tim Hardaway was posting Mugsey all game.

LJ had a massive put back dunk in that one. Chris Mullin injured I think.

1 person likes this

Posted

Teal or Blue...as long as it is not Bobcats Im good with the baby steps to include the community with the team for one of the first times.

Posted

As far as the colors go, while I would prefer the purple and teal, I like the purple and blue that they've been using in the Buzz City logo. If you look at it compared to the UNC logo you can see that the blue is not the same color. And this is coming from a State fan. 

Posted

Was that the Chris Webber just got traded for Tom Gugliotta game?

Bc that was my first Hornet game!

Hornets Won..I went bc I loved Golden State and the Hornets and Tim Hardaway was posting Mugsey all game.

LJ had a massive put back dunk in that one. Chris Mullin injured I think.

Hell yeah! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice but the greatest Hornet game in person was the Barkley led Suns prob in 97..barkley poped a three in Zos face at the last second.

Posted

I like the greyish blue the bobcats use now actually..I love purple and teal but It is a bit dated to me.

Posted

I don't see how they would put so much effort into market research on the name and not do it for a host of other things like the color scheme.  And I can't see that research saying the same thing about the original purple and teal color scheme as it did about people love of the name.

I love the Hornets and I kept trying to love the Bobcats but it just never worked.  I'd keep up with them some but not like I do college sports and the Panthers.  People always talk about being a fan being a generational thing.  Of growing up with it.  Your dad taking you to games and you taking your sons to games.  That's what builds lasting fans and that's what the Hornets name is all about.  People want a history.  They want to feel like they belong and were/are a part of something.

You can up update and tweak all you like but if want to make the fans happy IMHO you have to make sure you do a few things.

You already got the name back.

You brought in past great players and showcased them for the fans.

You brought out vintage apparel and jerseys.

You are already marketing the Hornets brand and not waiting for next year.

Now, keep the damn original colors.  Teal and Purple.  It worked and still works.  It's unique, marketable and people love it.  Why change for the sake of change?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  We're not the old creme and orange Bucs that have ugly ass uniforms.  And Jordan needs to keep his UNC love our of the equation.  No tar heal blue.

The arena must be called the Hive.

The logo can be tweaked and updated but should be basically the same.

Create a Hall of honor or history space in the arena.  You don't have to retire jerseys or anything but give a nod to the great history of the old team.

Hire Bogus in some capacity.  He's probably the most well known, most loved player from the old team.  I'd love him on color commentary.

And of course you have to put a winning team on the floor but that goes without saying.  (Or at least a competitive one.)

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see how they would put so much effort into market research on the name and not do it for a host of other things like the color scheme. And I can't see that research saying the same thing about the original purple and teal color scheme as it did about people love of the name.

I love the Hornets and I kept trying to love the Bobcats but it just never worked. I'd keep up with them some but not like I do college sports and the Panthers. People always talk about being a fan being a generational thing. Of growing up with it. Your dad taking you to games and you taking your sons to games. That's what builds lasting fans and that's what the Hornets name is all about. People want a history. They want to feel like they belong and were/are a part of something.

You can up update and tweak all you like but if want to make the fans happy IMHO you have to make sure you do a few things.

You already got the name back.

You brought in past great players and showcased them for the fans.

You brought out vintage apparel and jerseys.

You are already marketing the Hornets brand and not waiting for next year.

Now, keep the damn original colors. Teal and Purple. It worked and still works. It's unique, marketable and people love it. Why change for the sake of change? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We're not the old creme and orange Bucs that have ugly ass uniforms. And Jordan needs to keep his UNC love our of the equation. No tar heal blue.

The arena must be called the Hive.

The logo can be tweaked and updated but should be basically the same.

Create a Hall of honor or history space in the arena. You don't have to retire jerseys or anything but give a nod to the great history of the old team.

Hire Bogus in some capacity. He's probably the most well known, most loved player from the old team. I'd love him on color commentary.

And of course you have to put a winning team on the floor but that goes without saying. (Or at least a competitive one.)

I pretty much agree with all of this. Don't change it. How can u mess something this good up. U know the fans already support and love the purple and teal hornets. Why try to mess that up. I don't want this team lookinh like the jazz of a few years ago when they used dark blue and light blue.... Basically the colors we are hinting about using.

Purple and teal is unique and that's the hornets.

Now I will support Any team we put out there no matter what. Hell I love the bobcats and their logo and uniforms have always been pretty bad. But why go through with all this if u just gonna make it your own shitty version of the hornets. That's the same thing bob Johnson did. He did what he wanted. Not what the fans wanted.

But anyways I'm excited either way. Lol

Posted

I just hope that if we do go blue and purple fans don't get their panties in a bunch. We got the name back now it is our turn to finally embrace this team.

And State fans put your Schadenfreude to the side and quit worrying about what fugging shade of blue it is.

I swear the absolute best thing about NC is the college rivalries. The worst thing about NC is also the college rivalries.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will support the team regardless of the colors, but I am die-hard. If the team truly wants to unite everyone in the state to support the team they will stay away from certain shades of blue. That's just the truth. The Hornets need widespread support and ownership can take certain steps to help that along.