• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

If they want to do any changes, keep the original color scheme, but put more emphasis on the purple

Nothing really changes, but it will look fresh with the different color focus

#32 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

This is tremendously exciting.  I remember going to the Hive as a kid to watch those guys who were in attendance yesterday (Tripuca, Bogues, Curry) and that place was always rocking.  A lot of great memories there.  My credit card is going to take a beating once the official merch is released.  Oh well...it'll be worth it.

Also, FWIW, this is an awesome Hornets forum.  I usually just hang out in the Panthers section, but this place is tight.  Love the pinstriped background.

#33 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,630 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Well done video by our friends at bring back the buzz.

Congrats guys, it's been a long time coming but they're finally home.  Even though I'm a Lakers fan first and foremost I remember going to the Hive with my dad in the 90's, and how kick ass that place was.  There was an energy and excitement in the building that I haven't experienced at many arenas.  Exciting time to be a Charlotte NBA fan.  Will definitely be going to the first game back as the Hornets, and many others in the future....

#34 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

I remember my first ever Hornets game, we just moved to Charlotte-- 1995 Hornets vs. Warriors. I've been a fan ever since!

#35 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

I still just want a team that wins.

#36 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,758 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

I still think they'll end up using the colors from the Buzz city logo and a bunch of people will be pissed off about it.  They've shown the colors in the splash page and website for Buzz City. A darker blue, the a shade light of teal blue "Buzz city logo" and the really dark purple from the Buzz city splash. Add in silver accents just like the Jacket they are giving with the season ticket purchases and it's a mix of the Bobcats colors and the old hornets colors. 

#37 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,497 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Less purple, more teal.

#38 Wolfcop

Wolfcop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think it's stupid to go away from the the teal. It will piss off a lot of people, especially if they go with anything close to Carolina blue, 

#39 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,984 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I remember my first ever Hornets game, we just moved to Charlotte-- 1995 Hornets vs. Warriors. I've been a fan ever since!

Was that the Chris Webber just got traded for Tom Gugliotta game?

Bc that was my first Hornet game!

Hornets Won..I went bc I loved Golden State and the Hornets and Tim Hardaway was posting Mugsey all game.

LJ had a massive put back dunk in that one. Chris Mullin injured I think.

#40 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Teal or Blue...as long as it is not Bobcats Im good with the baby steps to include the community with the team for one of the first times.

#41 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

As far as the colors go, while I would prefer the purple and teal, I like the purple and blue that they've been using in the Buzz City logo. If you look at it compared to the UNC logo you can see that the blue is not the same color. And this is coming from a State fan. 

#42 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Was that the Chris Webber just got traded for Tom Gugliotta game?

Bc that was my first Hornet game!

Hornets Won..I went bc I loved Golden State and the Hornets and Tim Hardaway was posting Mugsey all game.

LJ had a massive put back dunk in that one. Chris Mullin injured I think.

Hell yeah! 

#43 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Nice but the greatest Hornet game in person was the Barkley led Suns prob in 97..barkley poped a three in Zos face at the last second.

#44 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

I like the greyish blue the bobcats use now actually..I love purple and teal but It is a bit dated to me.

#45 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

I don't see how they would put so much effort into market research on the name and not do it for a host of other things like the color scheme.  And I can't see that research saying the same thing about the original purple and teal color scheme as it did about people love of the name.

I love the Hornets and I kept trying to love the Bobcats but it just never worked.  I'd keep up with them some but not like I do college sports and the Panthers.  People always talk about being a fan being a generational thing.  Of growing up with it.  Your dad taking you to games and you taking your sons to games.  That's what builds lasting fans and that's what the Hornets name is all about.  People want a history.  They want to feel like they belong and were/are a part of something.

You can up update and tweak all you like but if want to make the fans happy IMHO you have to make sure you do a few things.

You already got the name back.

You brought in past great players and showcased them for the fans.

You brought out vintage apparel and jerseys.

You are already marketing the Hornets brand and not waiting for next year.

Now, keep the damn original colors.  Teal and Purple.  It worked and still works.  It's unique, marketable and people love it.  Why change for the sake of change?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  We're not the old creme and orange Bucs that have ugly ass uniforms.  And Jordan needs to keep his UNC love our of the equation.  No tar heal blue.

The arena must be called the Hive.

The logo can be tweaked and updated but should be basically the same.

Create a Hall of honor or history space in the arena.  You don't have to retire jerseys or anything but give a nod to the great history of the old team.

Hire Bogus in some capacity.  He's probably the most well known, most loved player from the old team.  I'd love him on color commentary.

And of course you have to put a winning team on the floor but that goes without saying.  (Or at least a competitive one.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users