Photo
- - - - -

Kidd-Gilchrist- "I'm More Comfortable" (SI Article)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,518 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Here's a nice little piece on MKG's growth and development that was on the front page of the NBA section on SI.com.

Link: http://nba.si.com/20.../?sct=uk_t12_a1

LAS VEGAS — As if it weren’t trying enough for a raw, highly-touted, 19-year-old prospect to make the NBA leap, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had the added challenge of beginning his pro basketball career under impossible conditions. There are those first-year players who could have created more buzz out of Charlotte’s situation last year — those who could have capitalized on the offensive void by racking up field goal attempts, and benefited from the complete lack of surrounding talent by putting up big numbers. But Kidd-Gilchrist had neither the ball skills nor the inclination to play such a dominant role, while the Bobcats lacked the sense of order necessary to make better use of his talents. He is an incredible athlete with a natural feel for off-ball movement, but in Charlotte last season Kidd-Gilchrist was often lost in a jumbled mess, with his instincts as his only means of navigating broken plays and perpetually crowded driving lanes.

“I wasn’t comfortable yet,” Kidd-Gilchrist said of his difficulties in navigating the offense as a first-year player. “I’m gonna do a lot more this year because I’m a lot more comfortable. I’m not a rookie anymore.”

Hopefully we see more of this next year.

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,518 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

SI went back and edited the article making it a little bit more longer and intriguing...

Here is the updated version: http://nba.si.com/20.../?sct=uk_t12_a1

#3 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

great article! i have high hopes for MKG. He is just so smooth and has a great first step. We just need to be a little patient with him. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users