#61 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

Can someone remake the old Hornets logo, only make it predominantly purple with light blue in it? I think that's a reasonable possibility for what it could end up being. 

Hey Third, I made this yesterday and posted it on the We Beelieve page.  It's weird how the more 'washed out' purple they're using (and yeah, I took the color samples right off of a 'Buzz City' image) being around the light blue and orange of the basketball almost turns it into a navy-ish color.  

Attached Files

#62 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hey Third, I made this yesterday and posted it on the We Beelieve page. It's weird how the more 'washed out' purple they're using (and yeah, I took the color samples right off of a 'Buzz City' image) being around the light blue and orange of the basketball almost turns it into a navy-ish color.

I can't help but dislike those colors. I hope they don't do that. It just looks like light blue and dark blue. And honestly it looks as of the logo is washed up and faded compared to the teal and purple.

#63 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Well going by the Buzz City colors, the Hornets logo of old would look as follows.

2d6pphu.jpg

I'm just not feeling it. Needs to be teal, not tarheel blue or anything remotely close.

#64 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hey Third, I made this yesterday and posted it on the We Beelieve page.  It's weird how the more 'washed out' purple they're using (and yeah, I took the color samples right off of a 'Buzz City' image) being around the light blue and orange of the basketball almost turns it into a navy-ish color.  

Yeah, if they're going to make the logo a different color I'm still thinking it's gonna be more purple than light blue for some reason. Maybe wishful thinking. 

Also, good seeing you (for a minute) at the Hornets announcement last week haha

#65 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

2d6pphu.jpg

Does anybody else look at that and think, "aaahhh, that's better."?  It's like putting on your favorite shirt, or sitting in your old recliner.  It fits, it feels good and you just know your old friend has come home for good.  I could almost cry.

#66 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, if they're going to make the logo a different color I'm still thinking it's gonna be more purple than light blue for some reason. Maybe wishful thinking. 

Also, good seeing you (for a minute) at the Hornets announcement last week haha

Dear Lord...let me apologize for whatever sloppy inanity I was responsible for.  I'm bad at keeping my thoughts organized in the best of conditions; add free booze and the return of the Hornets, and I'm a goner ;)

#67 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Dear Lord...let me apologize for whatever sloppy inanity I was responsible for.  I'm bad at keeping my thoughts organized in the best of conditions; add free booze and the return of the Hornets, and I'm a goner ;)

Haha it wasn't too bad, you were able to get up and down the stairs, but uttering fully coherent sentences was a bit of a challenge

#68 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,990 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

i like B for the classic logo but don't put that on the uni's. E looks like a cool secondary logo or if they made fake "retro" jersey's use it somewhere.

i still like the VERY first logo before the one that is B on that website. its similar to E and it may have lasted 2 years at the most. wish i had it but it was cool.

#69 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

I found it shocking, that people can't believe the organization would spruce up the Hornets brand for the relaunch? I mean, had the Hornets stayed in Charlotte originally... you think the team brand would have never changed in 10+ years? Come on! The NBA teams are going for more aggressive, bolder and sharper looks.

Just look around the league... 

7gltdy9cggrpyehee13xzthez.gif

Very aggressive. Powerful. Compare that to their 80's logo which was the simple outline of the bird's face. The talons here are razor sharp and the logo is trying to derive fear.  This is a major change from the image the team wanted prior. 

Even in the point of a team name that doesn't call any sense of aggression: 

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.gif

The Jazz just changed their logo to something more bolder and shaper. Again, the 80's was very simple... the logo now is simple too but just more sharp and bold.

I feel like in the 80's when the Hornets logo came around, logos were more fun and cool and simple. Some did have a "tougher" look, like the Minnesota Timberwolves but the Hornets wanted to be "cool" and "fun". I'm just seeing a huge shift from that nowadays.

I think we will keep close to the same color scheme or something similar (maybe just darken it a bit). I think in the end, what we will get is something a little more IN YOUR FACE like... 

http://hbcuclassics....7193450_std.gif

I personally hope that I'm wrong and we keep the classic look, just don't see that being the trend. I do think that MJ will try and find some sort of balance

At the very least, we might have a throwback night or two. :)

#70 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Celtics haven't changed a damn thing. Lakers have only made very, very subtle changes.

Personally I don't mind a bit of a change, but here's the caveat: It needs to be better than what we had, and I can't envision that being the case.

#71 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,072 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

The Hornet logo is a bit iconic for this area...these streamlined design takes make it look too insecty...which I do not like.

I like the updated Hornet from New Orleans with smoother lines but the original color scheme or an updated one...i hated that NEW ORLEANS gold.

#72 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Celtics haven't changed a damn thing. Lakers have only made very, very subtle changes.

Personally I don't mind a bit of a change, but here's the caveat: It needs to be better than what we had, and I can't envision that being the case.

Well, when the Hornets have the history of the Celtics and Lakers... talk to me then. The Yankees haven't changed much either. BUT I'm not putting our brand in that same boat. Sorry.

I'm talking about modern era teams with limited history... do often change logos around and rebrand over a 20 year period, so don't be shocked. 

#73 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

The Yankees haven't changed much either. BUT I'm not putting our brand in that same boat. Sorry.

I sure as hell am! I expect this name change to net us at least 26 World Series titles.

#74 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Honestly I think it would be a mistake to do a complete overhaul right now. Update it a little, and then evaluate it some years down the line when that time comes. They just brought the brand back, reintroduce it as it was originally first. Don't alienate the fans who just dramatically increased ticket sales by forcing an awful design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users