Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to know how I know Pro Football Talk's "Power Rankings" are a joke?

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I honestly don't get this Sean Payton is back nonsense. Saints were 2nd in the league last year in points scored. Their problem was not offense, it was defense. If their defense cannot hold (which will not be that easy considering they are switching schemes) what good will Sean's arrival do?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yeah I saw that too. It's absolutely laughable how the media types prop up teams and push others to the side. The taints will again be a potent offense and not one to sleep on but that defense(if you can call it that) is just abysmal.

Posted · Report post

Still find it hilarious that people get all worked up over pre season rankings.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Saints are pure garbage and we are a much more balanced team than them.

Plus they haven't proven they can win without sweeping the leg. Scumbags can go rot.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Saints are pure garbage and we are a much more balanced team than them.

Plus they haven't proven they can win without sweeping the leg. Scumbags can go rot.

3422396835_26a49bb68e_o.jpg

Posted · Report post

It is a great point about the defensive whoa's.  S. Spagnola wasn't that bad of a DC but he couldn't do anything with the talent he had.  He got the boot but maybe they should think of putting some of that money they got into the defense too.

I think we are far more ahead of many teams as far as being balanced.   Granted we don't have pro bowlers at every position but we have Pro Bowl talent at many of the crucial positions.  Just as in baseball you gotta be strong up the middle.  Center, QB, RB, DT, MLB and Safety.  Our only non pro bowl caliber position is safety. 

Yes DT Edwards didn't get a look at the Pro Bowl but he should have.  3rd in Sacks for DTs should have gotten him some votes but didn't.

Posted · Report post

F the AINTS

Posted · Report post

Want to know how I know Pro Football Talk's "Power Rankings" are a joke?

Because all preseason power rankings are a joke? :unsure:

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I hate to say it but on the off chance there D does show up he might not be far from right. Of course that is quite a strech that is going to happen!

Posted · Report post

they were 9 last year