Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Season Starts Next Friday For People Like Us

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I've made my reservations for a hotel in Spartanburg. I'm taking the nieces to meet Sir Purr and do the play 60 event. For guys like us the season starts Friday and (sadly) ends about Week 5. Hopefully this year is different! I'll try to post whatever my untrained eyes can easily see. Hopefully we have a good group of guys sharing so we can compare notes. Last year I went on and on about our complex read option heavy offense...quite frankly it turned out to be a bad thing.

8 people like this

Posted

Any cheap motels around the area of spartanburg that I could stay at if i were to head down there at the spur of the moment? Without reservation?

Bout to head down there if full Huddle Swag.

Posted

luckily my completion of school and switch to a less demanding job will coincide with my daughter turning 3, at the age she can start having fun with that sort of thing. at that point i'll be a regular every summer.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will find out Monday if I will get my press credentials for camp. According to the Panthers media peeps its no problem but its my first time as a press guy so I'm a little nervous. If it comes through I guess I will finally meet the one they call Zod.

Posted

I'll be there Friday, but for me it doesn't feel like go time til preseason. And that's not far off...thank God.

Posted

Lucky you I would go if I didn't live on the west coast.

1 person likes this

Posted

my season starts during the draft, but then i'm ocd, perfectionistic, hermetic, broke, and probably too self-destructive for my own good.  which means, clearly, i'm every football fan ever.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm staying at a Holliday Inn Express it looks good online.

Posted

luckily my completion of school and switch to a less demanding job will coincide with my daughter turning 3, at the age she can start having fun with that sort of thing. at that point i'll be a regular every summer.

Obviously the kids don't get as much out of the actual practice as adults. They watch some but the novelty wears off quickly. Still it's nice for pictures, autographs, and all the little events the Panthers have for them. Since the Richardson brothers stepped down and Danny Morrison took over there has been a strong push for family friendly events. I have been very pleased with it.

Posted

I'll be there Friday, and staying for Saturday.Can't wait!!

Posted

Saturday is the Play 60 deal where they have the kids combine set up.

Posted

Saturday is the Play 60 deal where they have the kids combine set up.

Jimmy Clausen's job gets less secure by the minute.

3 people like this