Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Star + Short= playoffs

80 posts in this topic

I'm just looking forward to the day when the defense no longer gets gashed up the middle by 2nd string and rookie RB for 130 yards.

Star + Short = Violence.

guys...jesus

there will be a learning curve for these rookies, the issue isn't just automatically fixed because we drafted some rookies, it's not madden.

that said, if they fail to be effective enough, then we will be a losing team again. don't have the secondary to make up for that big of a hole at DT and the position was yet again neglected.

Star and Short aren't even guaranteed to be starting.  Right now Edwards and Cole are veterans who could easily start come opening day.  Edward's stats measure up well to most 3 techniques and Cole hasn't played in 2 years but has experience and was pretty effective when he did play the nose. We will be better even as the rookies gets reps and learn.  Keep in mind that Star was rated by many as the best DT in the draft so he might not need that much adjustment.  Short won't start ahead of Edwards but he gives us depth and the future at that position.

So I would disagree that regardless of how they play that the position has been neglected.  The position has been upgraded and should make the D line pretty good this year.  How good remains to be seen.

Let me remind you, in 2010 we went to battle with fuging Fua, McLain, and Nibblets. Fellas, we have seen the bottom of the DT barrell.

Tougher schedule this year plus new oc and a hc without a clue about running an offense equals no deep run in the playoffs - it would be nice but just being real.

Except strength of schedule means poo, teams change, and new OC is garbage too its same offense he's making the calls easier for Cam. Your Debbie Downer argument sucks go drink that half-empty glass of lukewarm beer

Let me remind you, in 2010 we went to battle with fuging Fua, McLain, and Nibblets. Fellas, we have seen the bottom of the DT barrell.

and Nick muthafuging Hayden :(

Star and Short alone no, but Star + Short and the whole team YOU BET!

Gaydosh

Except strength of schedule means poo, teams change, 

Huh?

Seahawks

Bucs 2X

Falcons 2x

NO 2x

Niners

Pats

Giants

which of these teams is going to be significantly worse this year?

If they pan out then yes I think we'll have a good shot at the playoffs. But you also have to remember that not too long ago some people were saying that Fua and McClain were going to hold down the DT spots for years to come.