Photo
- - - - -

Breakout Player for the 2013 College Football Season...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

Who ya got?

I'm going to list a trio of guys who I think could fit that title...

The first is a QB who is in a fight for the starting job out West.  If he wins the job, I think Trojan QB Cody Kessler has all the tools (and weapons) to be an exceptional QB THIS year.  Being that he hasn't started a game in his career, college highlights are hard to come by but he has been exceptional during camps and during the Spring Game.

The second guy on my list is a reason I think Kessler can be so good early.  This guy is the next great WR for the Trojans, Nelson Agholor.  Nelson has the tools and work ethic to have an impact similar to Marqise Lee's last year.  I don't think he will have the gaudy stats Lee did because Lee is still there, but a 1,200 yard, 10 TD season would not shock me at all.  

(Nelson also made some good plays in the Spring Game.)

The last guy on my list is a guy who should be more familiar to a lot of you.  It's North Carolina's Quinshad Davis.  Davis is a guy who has some great physical tools.  He's a big target, with exceptional hands and good route running.  I fully expect him to surprise many and be a top five WR this year.  If he makes improvements on his strength to fight through the jam at the line of scrimmage, and works on improving his explosion off the snap he could be a VERY special receiver.

So who's your guy, or guys who can be breakout players this season??

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,011 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

You stole mine lol. I love Quinshad Davis, his body control is amazing. If he can develop better route running skills and work on what to do when he has the ball in his hands then I think he could be a top five wide receiver in the NCAA.

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

You stole mine lol. I love Quinshad Davis, his body control is amazing. If he can develop better route running skills and work on what to do when he has the ball in his hands then I think he could be a top five wide receiver in the NCAA.

I think his route running is actually pretty good honestly.  There's room for improvement for sure, but I think the two biggest things he needs to work on is getting off the snap faster (achieved through getting stronger to fight through jams, and just increasing explosiveness off the snap), and improving his elusiveness to raise his YAC.  Top five certainly attainable for Davis, and I fully expect him to be one of the favorites for the Biletnikoff award along with Agholor next year....

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,011 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

I think his route running is actually pretty good honestly. There's room for improvement for sure, but I think the two biggest things he needs to work on is getting off the snap faster (achieved through getting stronger to fight through jams, and just increasing explosiveness off the snap), and improving his elusiveness to raise his YAC. Top five certainly attainable for Davis, and I fully expect him to be one of the favorites for the Biletnikoff award along with Agholor next year....

I mention his route running because a lot of his catches came on screen passes, curl routes, or just him being able to outmuscle his opponents and fight for better position.

He was only a true freshman last year, so if he keeps progressing and Renner has a good year he could have a huge year.

#5 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Quinshad has been and will continue to be my dude.

#6 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Justin Hardy - WR - ECU

Kid was a walk-on and is the best player in C-USA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com