Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Breakout Player for the 2013 College Football Season...

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Who ya got?

I'm going to list a trio of guys who I think could fit that title...

The first is a QB who is in a fight for the starting job out West.  If he wins the job, I think Trojan QB Cody Kessler has all the tools (and weapons) to be an exceptional QB THIS year.  Being that he hasn't started a game in his career, college highlights are hard to come by but he has been exceptional during camps and during the Spring Game.

The second guy on my list is a reason I think Kessler can be so good early.  This guy is the next great WR for the Trojans, Nelson Agholor.  Nelson has the tools and work ethic to have an impact similar to Marqise Lee's last year.  I don't think he will have the gaudy stats Lee did because Lee is still there, but a 1,200 yard, 10 TD season would not shock me at all.  

Posted · Report post

You stole mine lol. I love Quinshad Davis, his body control is amazing. If he can develop better route running skills and work on what to do when he has the ball in his hands then I think he could be a top five wide receiver in the NCAA.

Posted · Report post

You stole mine lol. I love Quinshad Davis, his body control is amazing. If he can develop better route running skills and work on what to do when he has the ball in his hands then I think he could be a top five wide receiver in the NCAA.

I think his route running is actually pretty good honestly.  There's room for improvement for sure, but I think the two biggest things he needs to work on is getting off the snap faster (achieved through getting stronger to fight through jams, and just increasing explosiveness off the snap), and improving his elusiveness to raise his YAC.  Top five certainly attainable for Davis, and I fully expect him to be one of the favorites for the Biletnikoff award along with Agholor next year....

Posted · Report post

I think his route running is actually pretty good honestly. There's room for improvement for sure, but I think the two biggest things he needs to work on is getting off the snap faster (achieved through getting stronger to fight through jams, and just increasing explosiveness off the snap), and improving his elusiveness to raise his YAC. Top five certainly attainable for Davis, and I fully expect him to be one of the favorites for the Biletnikoff award along with Agholor next year....

I mention his route running because a lot of his catches came on screen passes, curl routes, or just him being able to outmuscle his opponents and fight for better position.

He was only a true freshman last year, so if he keeps progressing and Renner has a good year he could have a huge year.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Quinshad has been and will continue to be my dude.

Posted · Report post

Justin Hardy - WR - ECU

Kid was a walk-on and is the best player in C-USA.