Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Of Hairstons Charges Dismissed

74 posts in this topic

Posted

- Just because I know what's going on does not mean that I know what the NCAA's ruling is going to be.

- I don't know any more of the facts that what has been released from documents by news outlets.

- Like I said before, every school has a compliance officer that is expected to report the NCAA monthly. I'm just a low level coach (on the same level as a GA), not a compliance officer but as a coach I want my best players out on the field which is why I wait until the NCAA rules before jumping to conclusions.

Posted

My question is why do you guys want UNC to rush to a decision?

Do you not want to play a Carolina team with P.J. Hairston on it, or do you just hate Carolina that much?

It can't be because you actually care about the person and the university.

Posted

You're looking at it from a fans perspective...

From a coaches perspective you want the best players on the court, so UNC is going to wait until the NCAA rules before jumping to conclusions on what to do or what not to do with Hairston.

Please don't even start with the smoking weed thing, I guarantee you that there are Duke players that smoke weed...

The Duke Lacrosse thing was on a whole different level because 1). Lacrosse isn't a big sport, 2). Rape is a felony, 3) Lacrosse isn't going to bring in a bunch of money. If Duke was going through something like this, I guarantee you that they would handle it the same way.

So basically you are saying that Roy would have already taken action and suspended the player if he wasn't a star? What about Ole Miss suspending Henderson and OSU suspending their top running back does that mean they don't care about winning or they care more about the integrity of their program?

Posted

So basically you are saying that Roy would have already taken action and suspended the player if he wasn't a star? What about Ole Miss suspending Henderson and OSU suspending their top running back does that mean they don't care about winning or they care more about the integrity of their program?

Henderson has had multiple run-in's with the NCAA. 

That entire OSU football team has had multiple run-in's with the NCAA.

If you are a first time offender, you are usually cut some slack.

Posted

My question is why do you guys want UNC to rush to a decision?

Do you not want to play a Carolina team with P.J. Hairston on it, or do you just hate Carolina that much?

It can't be because you actually care about the person and the university.

Because I don't think they have any integrity, they've shown time and time again they don't want to clean up the mess. They need to take care of their own mess and not try and hide the cheating and rule breaking.

Posted

Because I don't think they have any integrity, they've shown time and time again they don't want to clean up the mess. They need to take care of their own mess and not try and hide the cheating and rule breaking.

They cleaned up the Football program... by the way they didn't suspend anyone until all the facts came out.

Posted

Henderson has had multiple run-in's with the NCAA.

That entire OSU football team has had multiple run-in's with the NCAA.

If you are a first time offender, you are usually cut some slack.

What run ins did Henderson have with the NCAA? At least OSU is showing they want to try and clean up that program.

How many rental cars constitutes a first time? The speeding ticket, or the time he was caught with the weed?

Posted

They cleaned up the Football program... by the way they didn't suspend anyone until all the facts came out.

Did they? There have been several current football players involved with Fats.

Posted

"Not to mention the fact he is receiving perks from said convicted felon that could be in violation of NCAA rules."

The rental car, where does this involve the cops? Receiving perks as a college athlete, depending on what they are, can be NCAA violations.

You were the one complaining about the cops dropping charges

Get real and get honest. The reason the charges were dropped is because the guy is a UNC hoops player.

Posted

Did they? There have been several current football players involved with Fats.

Involved and breaking the rules is two different things.

Posted

What run ins did Henderson have with the NCAA? At least OSU is showing they want to try and clean up that program.

How many rental cars constitutes a first time? The speeding ticket, or the time he was caught with the weed?

Henderson had failed multiple drug tests before he was suspended lol.

Do you really think they were going to suspend him for one failed drug test?

A first time, constitutes as when the NCAA has to get involved. To my knowledge the NCAA hasn't been involved with UNC hoops.

Posted

Involved and breaking the rules is two different things.

Breaking rules or not you shouldn't be okay with your players being involved with a felon, true or false?