Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I will never forgive Ron Rivera for two things.

104 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a shame our fans can't whine as loudly at the stadium as they do online.

2 people like this

Posted

For immediately cutting Kasay as his first act as HC. You don't do that unless you have a better plan in place. 

Posted

Can anyone here truthfully say they trust Rivera 100%?

Posted

Ill never forget his wonky eye.

Posted

I cant wait to see this board if we when a Super Bowl under Rivera lol

Posted

Rivera is on the verge of having a top 5 defense after finally investing on the D line for the first time.

After 2010 anything resembling football is incredible to me..Rivera exceeds that and gets way to villified for "after the fact" in game decisons that were not executed by Cam.

The Seahawks was Cam missing a basic pass. Shovel pass Or whatever...

Atl was Cam fumbling on a 3rd and 1..the game would be iced otherwards. If it was stopped on 4th and 1 more fans would have been freaking out than the punt..that was executed perfectly.

But hey..you are at home making and second guessing playcalling throughout the game the whole time..so maybe the plays should be sent in via fanbase vote.

What other coach is out there that get you nipples hard? Rivera is an elite defensive coach, perfect jo..but is he willing to adjust and learn?! More than any coach we ever had.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't see how Atlanta part 1 or Seattle are Rons fault at all. If Newton doesn't fumble we win. If Nakamura makes the routine play we win. He opted to kick and put them at the 1. Who figures they go 70 yards in 45 seconds. He called the right play against Seattle. Give Newton 50 chances and he makes rthat throw 49 times. Players not executing isn't his fault. He gave the players a chance to win and called fine plays. The players didn't execute plain and simple.

5 people like this

Posted

I feel that he doesn't let our players have the fun they want, that he limits them. Like he was yelling at Greg for telling the Falcants to get the fug off our field. Like really Ron? Payback is a bitch and he was excited we got the win. Let him sound off. 

I hate the fact, that every time the Panthers get an early 2 TD or more lead, Ron immediately takes the air out the ball on offense--no matter how early (as if the games is over in today's high scoring NFL); loses aggression on defense, till the opposition eventually catches up, and the Panthers lose/or almost lose the game. 

He's made some terrible blunders as head coach (as is being written here). And I do understand he's a defensive coach. I do. But for me; that is one of his most undeniably frustrating traits and habits, he has to break, to be a successful coach in the NFL, and for the Panthers. 

Posted

I don't see how Atlanta part 1 or Seattle are Rons fault at all. If Newton doesn't fumble we win. If Nakamura makes the routine play we win. He opted to kick and put them at the 1. Who figures they go 70 yards in 45 seconds. He called the right play against Seattle. Give Newton 50 chances and he makes rthat throw 49 times. Players not executing isn't his fault. He gave the players a chance to win and called fine plays. The players didn't execute plain and simple.

ya shouldn't even attempt to bring common sense to the poo that is this thread.

A for effort, though!

Posted

I can forgive Rivera for being a novice head coach, as long as he starts trusting the players and stops making silly mistakes.

If his game management doesn't improve, I'll be the first one in line saying fire him.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm so sick of hearing the Cam fumble thing like that game was his fault. People forget that he fumble because he stretched for the first down if he would have went conservative and protected the ball more it would have been 4th down anyway. You fugers act like he turned it over. You get a helmet on the ball and its coming out period.

I'm not mad at Rivera for punting but I don't know if it was coverage or what but I know Josh Norman let Roddy White get behind him and he didn't have any underneath routes to cover.

You put almost any other cb in the league in that spot and we win the game. Naku should have never even been in a position to have to try to make such a horrible play on the ball if Norman was even in the same area code.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate the fact, that every time the Panthers get an early 2 TD or more lead, Ron immediately takes the air out the ball on offense--no matter how early (as if the games is over in today's high scoring NFL); loses aggression on defense, till the opposition eventually catches up, and the Panthers lose/or almost lose the game. 

He's made some terrible blunders as head coach (as is being written here). And I do understand he's a defensive coach. I do. But for me; that is one of his most undeniably frustrating traits and habits, he has to break, to be a successful coach in the NFL, and for the Panthers. 

Most coaches do the exact same thing.  Standard logic is when you have a big lead you protect it by keeping things in front of you and don't take unnecessary chances. I am not a big fan of the prevent defense but if you look at the statistics, it works more than it doesn't. We used that strategy against Atlanta part 2 for example and it worked.

Look at what Detroit's head coach, Schwartz, did last year and it makes Rivera look like a genius.  I don't see people calling for his head all the time.