#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,491 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

A lot of people tend to forget that the Bobcats essentially got a starting point guard to come in a be their back-up.

Sessions is severely underrated. He is great at getting to the rim and he can knock down a three point shot down when needed.

On top of that, Sessions wants to be in Charlotte and he is on a sweetheart contract to prove it.

Hopefully we can resign him next year.

#3 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think we're set at PG and backup with Kemba/Sessions.  Obviously a 3rd to fill out the bench but I'm very confident in Kemba/Sessions.   Great signing last year that seems to be unappreciated as a front office move.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Yeah, Sessions was putting up great numbers before he got hurt.

#5 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Brandon Jennings has been really overrated for years, and just recently some of the more educated basketball fans realize that he is nothing more than a inefficient chucker. He can't even shoot over 40% from the field, and it's not because he's not capable of it, but because he cares more about scoring points and putting up shots than actually playing good, team basketball. Now, I think that he does have potential to be a top 15 PG in the league, but he'd have to go to a team with vets around him, and a coach that won't tolerate his chucking tendencies. 

Ramon Sessions on the other hand is a guy who probably isn't as talented as Jennings is, but he has the correct mentality. He knows his role and plays it well. Sessions didn't shoot a high percentage last season either, but he somewhat made up for it with how much he got to the line. If you watched Sessions for the first time last year then you would think that he's also a chucker, but his role was to score for the 2nd unit. He's very capable of putting up 7+ assists if given starting minutes. 

Good video though, it shows how overrated Jennings is to the casual fan, and how underrated Sessions is to most any fan. For my money we have a top 3 backup PG in the NBA (I can only think of one who might be better and that's Jarrett Jack). 

#6 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

A lot of people tend to forget that the Bobcats essentially got a starting point guard to come in a be their back-up.

Sessions is severely underrated. He is great at getting to the rim and he can knock down a three point shot down when needed.

On top of that, Sessions wants to be in Charlotte and he is on a sweetheart contract to prove it.

Hopefully we can resign him next year.

Sessions is a great back-up, but hes not quite a starter.  Thats not a knock against him, but the PG position is really deep in the NBA right now.  Darren Collison just signed to play behind CP3 on the clips

#7 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Exactly how I feel when I watch Jennings play.

Nice video breakdown.

#8 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

In the times I've watched full games of Jennings, all I've ever been able to think about is how pissed I'd be if he was my team's PG. He runs around the court like a wildman on offense with the ball and just chucks up a jumpshot. His game is so weird.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

Sessions is a great back-up, but hes not quite a starter.Thats not a knock against him, but the PG position is really deep in the NBA right now. Darren Collison just signed to play behind CP3 on the clips

He's been a starter his entire career... not to mention that he started for the Lakers two years ago. I agree that the point guard position is deep, but I would take Sessions over guys like Dragic, Calderon, Nelson, Chalmers, Lowry, Felton etc..

We're one of the few teams that has two really solid point guards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users