Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wharton Meeting With Panthers

158 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol no

Yes.

Posted

Yes.

Bell has progressed ever since he got his chance as an UDFA - Hes been bad at times but hes 24 going into his third year. Hes been really solid at times as well.

Sure a Wharton signing would be nice but damn I dont get the hate on Byron Bell round here

1 person likes this

Posted

Welp, thanks to Rivera for his non-welcoming, non-committal stance on signing Wharton. I'm guessing he's going to sign with Denver.

Posted

He left Charlotte without a deal to Denver. Looks like Kugbila is going to win the starting job.

Posted

He's a Fox guy and Fox loves his vets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver sign him if healthy.

Posted

Welp, thanks to Rivera for his non-welcoming, non-committal stance on signing Wharton. I'm guessing he's going to sign with Denver.

What are you talking about?

Wharton is looking for the best $

Posted

What are you talking about?

Wharton is looking for the best $

Quiet... I'm villainizing Rivera here! I haven't had my fix in about 5 months!!!
1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe Gettleman didn't like what he saw? Maybe as Panther fans we are just so desperate that mediocre is sufficient. Gettleman and his fresh perspective might have watched film on Wharton and decides it just isn't worth it.

2 people like this

Posted

BUT, he did say even if he passed his physical, that didn't mean we would sign him. Sounded like we may not have even offered a contract, but who knows?

Posted

Bell has progressed ever since he got his chance as an UDFA - Hes been bad at times but hes 24 going into his third year. Hes been really solid at times as well.

Sure a Wharton signing would be nice but damn I dont get the hate on Byron Bell round here

Bell sometimes won't even get a hand on his man which leads to full shots to Cam, watch the last Saints game, Bears game, both Bucs games, Chargers game, and you'll see why people are pessimistic about him. It is always not about how many sacks he gave up, but how many hits, pressures he gave up. Cam was at his worse when pressure came from the right side is what the stats show.

Posted

There's a very real possibility that Denver management is to too drunk to put together a contract more complex than "Play for Broncos, will pay cash lol" on an old napkin.

5 people like this

Posted

Bell sometimes won't even get a hand on his man which leads to full shots to Cam, watch the last Saints game, Bears game, both Bucs games, Chargers game, and you'll see why people are pessimistic about him. It is always not about how many sacks he gave up, but how many hits, pressures he gave up. Cam was at his worse when pressure came from the right side is what the stats show.

Well we ain't gettin Wharton so I guess we gon' have to deal bra