Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wharton Meeting With Panthers

158 posts in this topic

Posted

Would be cool to have Travellvis back in the fold if he's healthy, even if it is just depth.

Posted

Wharton would be an instant upgrade at RG IF HEALTHY. I don't want to move Amini and I would far perfer Wharton to Piggy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Zod, can you make this a :person: emoticon for when someone obviously has zero clue what they are talking about?

Get it done zod

Posted

this is awesome, can't wait to get gamble back next year too!

1 person likes this

Posted

lol person

first thing I thought

Posted

My friend who's a Bengals fans (and is also coming to training camp with me on Friday) said that their beat writer said that Wharton was going to be ready for training camp but they chose to cut him to because they couldn't afford him. He said the move saved them around two million dollars.

Posted

My friend who's a Bengals fans (and is also coming to training camp with me on Friday) said that their beat writer said that Wharton was going to be ready for training camp but they chose to cut him to because they couldn't afford him. He said the move saved them around two million dollars.

I hope this is true. We'd have a decent line with gross, Silatolu, kalil, Wharton and bell.

Posted

With two young ass OGs, this would be a solid pick up because Travelle is a 9 year vet. I'm not one to make too much out of the whole "mentor" thing, but Travelle could have a positive influence on the OG sitch-e-ation.

2 people like this

Posted

Wharton if healthy could be depth at guard but at tackle he has sucked worse than Bell.  Look at the numbers.  In 2005 he gave up 8.5 sacks, in 2007 he gave up 9 sacks.  I don't know how much tackle he played in 2009 but he again gave up 8.5 sacks.

Bell in 2012 had 3 penalties and gave up 8 sacks.

How is that so much worse???

I'm pretty sure those numbers were at LT. Can't remember him ever playing RT before, so it's kind of an apples and oranges comparison.

That said, I would guess we are looking at him as a potential RG and not as a tackle.

Posted

Lol wasn't p55 just talking about how worthless a lineman Wharton was just yesterday? And now that word has come out of panthers camp that they're meeting up he's edited that stance to "he could contribute at depth". At the rate we're going he's going to be comparing him to Steve Hutchinson by season's open.

Posted

My friend who's a Bengals fans (and is also coming to training camp with me on Friday) said that their beat writer said that Wharton was going to be ready for training camp but they chose to cut him to because they couldn't afford him. He said the move saved them around two million dollars

He will count something like 5 million against the cap for us and Cincinnatti. I know he wont see that money anyway but he has made a ton of money in signing bonuses and salary over the past few years. I wonder how much he would play for over the vet minimum.

Posted

Whartons last year with the team was awful. That being said, he is a massive upgrade over Hangartner at RG. Bring him in.

1 person likes this