#151 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Wharton still lives here and he's from here, I expect him to accept our offer.

I'm not sure we made one.

#152 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm not sure we made one.

Maybe not, but I will say it's hard to imagine a player canceling a free agent visit with Team Y if Team X didn't make an offer.

If we did, doubt it was much above vet minimum (if at all).

#153 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Gettleman is a smart man. He played hard ball with Ted Ginn, Hixon, and Mike Mitchell, Munnerlyn and everntually landed all of them.

#154 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

I hear Wharton has moved on to interview/test with Fox up in Denver.  

I love that we are not overpaying for players anymore.  If we are having contracts turned down, that means we are doing a great job of not overpaying players.

What a huge contrast to Hurney who threw money around like a 1st round draft pick in a strip club!

#155 aussiePanther

aussiePanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

I hear Wharton has moved on to interview/test with Fox up in Denver.  

I love that we are not overpaying for players anymore.  If we are having contracts turned down, that means we are doing a great job of not overpaying players.

What a huge contrast to Hurney who threw money around like a 1st round draft pick in a strip club!

I think you may have missed the bit where Wharton cancelled the trip to Denver after he left Carolina.

I haven't heard that he rescheduled that trip afterwards...

The info is also a page back in this thread.

#156 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think you may have missed the bit where Wharton cancelled the trip to Denver after he left Carolina.
I haven't heard that he rescheduled that trip afterwards...

The info is also a page back in this thread.

Yup, my bad.

#157 aussiePanther

aussiePanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yup, my bad.

np, happens to everyone.

So, ahhh, I read a lot of slamming of Person in this thread when Wharton came to town.

Is anyone going to admit that maybe it looks like perhaps Person might have almost had the right of it, at least some of the way, when he said it was unlikely we would sign him up?

Not saying he's a great reporter (I mean it took a globe reporter to tell us about the Beast restructure, etc etc) but fair's fair.

#158 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

np, happens to everyone.

So, ahhh, I read a lot of slamming of Person in this thread when Wharton came to town.
Is anyone going to admit that maybe it looks like perhaps Person might have almost had the right of it, at least some of the way, when he said it was unlikely we would sign him up?

Not saying he's a great reporter (I mean it took a globe reporter to tell us about the Beast restructure, etc etc) but fair's fair.

Not really. He had no clue he was coming in for a physical. It's obvious there was interest on both sides, it just didn't get worked out.

I'm not one to jump on bandwagons or beat scapegoats with sticks but I really feel like he just states his opinion all the time and has zero insider information. It's also clearly obvious he isn't very committed to the panthers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com