#122 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yes.

Bell has progressed ever since he got his chance as an UDFA - Hes been bad at times but hes 24 going into his third year. Hes been really solid at times as well.

Sure a Wharton signing would be nice but damn I dont get the hate on Byron Bell round here

#123 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Welp, thanks to Rivera for his non-welcoming, non-committal stance on signing Wharton. I'm guessing he's going to sign with Denver.

#124 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

He left Charlotte without a deal to Denver. Looks like Kugbila is going to win the starting job.

#125 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

He's a Fox guy and Fox loves his vets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver sign him if healthy.

#126 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,648 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Welp, thanks to Rivera for his non-welcoming, non-committal stance on signing Wharton. I'm guessing he's going to sign with Denver.

What are you talking about?

Wharton is looking for the best $

#127 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

What are you talking about?

Wharton is looking for the best $

Quiet... I'm villainizing Rivera here! I haven't had my fix in about 5 months!!!

#128 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Maybe Gettleman didn't like what he saw? Maybe as Panther fans we are just so desperate that mediocre is sufficient. Gettleman and his fresh perspective might have watched film on Wharton and decides it just isn't worth it.

#129 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

BUT, he did say even if he passed his physical, that didn't mean we would sign him. Sounded like we may not have even offered a contract, but who knows?

#130 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Bell has progressed ever since he got his chance as an UDFA - Hes been bad at times but hes 24 going into his third year. Hes been really solid at times as well.

Sure a Wharton signing would be nice but damn I dont get the hate on Byron Bell round here

Bell sometimes won't even get a hand on his man which leads to full shots to Cam, watch the last Saints game, Bears game, both Bucs games, Chargers game, and you'll see why people are pessimistic about him. It is always not about how many sacks he gave up, but how many hits, pressures he gave up. Cam was at his worse when pressure came from the right side is what the stats show.

#131 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

There's a very real possibility that Denver management is to too drunk to put together a contract more complex than "Play for Broncos, will pay cash lol" on an old napkin.

#132 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Bell sometimes won't even get a hand on his man which leads to full shots to Cam, watch the last Saints game, Bears game, both Bucs games, Chargers game, and you'll see why people are pessimistic about him. It is always not about how many sacks he gave up, but how many hits, pressures he gave up. Cam was at his worse when pressure came from the right side is what the stats show.

Well we ain't gettin Wharton so I guess we gon' have to deal bra

#133 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

They may be able to win him over with a Von Miller "put all your mollies on the table" recruiting pitch.

#134 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I just finished up all of that game's coach tape vs the Saints and Bell was terrible. So bad that I still wouldn't be optimistic about him if you put a vet next to him. He was getting pushed around like crazy.

#135 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

caught bits and pieces of Smitty on The Drive..   He said Chud was the reason Wharton was sent packing.  Wharton may be tied more to Fox than the Panthers right about now if money isn't a drastic difference between offers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com